Add to basket or enquire
Our Microbiology Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Microbiology Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Learn to become a skilled and valued scientist by taking this comprehensive Microbiology course that has been specially created by One Education. Become proficient in the study of microorganisms and learn many appropriate sub-disciplines in the battle against bacteria and harmful viruses. By signing up today, you could be making ground-breaking discoveries tomorrow.
Microbiologists are at the forefront of critical research, and you can become one of these elite individuals by allowing us to teach you the skills needed. With our help, you’ll gain knowledge of virology, bacteriology, immunology, and parasitology. It’s never been a more critical profession, and you can step on this career ladder right now.
When you enrol in this Microbiology course, you’ll instantly be tutored in principles of this science and its incredible importance in today’s society. You’ll be given exposure to cell structures, learn the basics of chemical metabolisms, and explore microbial diversity. It will also introduce you to Viruses, Viroid’s, and Prions, along with Human contagions and inducing immunities. Progression in the course will provide additional information on Vaccines and Antimicrobial Agent, and the potential for finding work in Food Microbiology and other commercial industries. Play your part in protecting the future and register for this fascinating learning experience today.
What Will I Learn from this Microbiology Diploma?
- Learn the fundamental basics of Microbiology and its purpose in health and business
- Understand the science behind cell structure and organisation
- Gain awareness of the chemical metabolism cycle
- Discover the theories of Microbial diversity
- Acquire full knowledge of the life cycle of viruses
- Know how microbes interact with the human body
- Be able to contribute to the immunity process in plants, animals, and humans
- Become skilled in vaccination research
Why People Enrol this Microbiology From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Microbiology Diploma
- Learning materials of our Microbiology Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Microbiology Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Microbiology Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
Course Curriculum Of The Microbiology Diploma
Here is a detailed course curriculum breakdown of the Microbiology Diploma
Module 1 - Introduction to Microbiology
- What Is Microbiology?
- Why Is Microbiology Important?
- How Do We Know? Microbiology in Perspective: To the Golden Age and Beyond
- Light Microscopy
- Electron Microscopy
Module 2 – Cell Structure and Organisation
- Two Fundamentally Different Types of Cell
- Prokaryotic Cells
- Eukaryotic Cells
Module 3 – The Chemical Metabolism
- The Metabolism Cycle
- Catabolic and Anabolic Reactions
Module 4 - Microbial Growth Controlling
- Chemical Requirements for Microbial Growth
- Culture Media
- Phases of Growth
Module 5 – Microbial Diversity: Prokaryote Diversity
- A Few Words About Classification
- Domain: Archaea
- Domain: Bacteria
Module 6 – Microbial Diversity: Eukaryote Diversity
- The Fungi
- The Protista
Module 7 – Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- What Are Viruses?
- Viral Structure
- Plant Viruses
Module 8 – Interactions between Microbes and Humans
- The Human Host
- The Progress of an Infection
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
Module 9 – Human Microbial Diseases
- Bacterial Diseases in Humans
- Viral Diseases in Humans
- Parasitic Diseases in Human
Module 10 – Immunity
- What Is Immunity?
- Types of Immunity
- A Closer Look at Antigens
Module 11 – Vaccines and Antimicrobial Agents
- What Is a Vaccine?
Module 12 – Microorganisms in the Environment
- The Carbon Cycle
- The Nitrogen Cycle
- The Sulphur Cycle
Module 13 – Industrial and Food Microbiology
- Microorganisms and Food
- Microorganisms in the Production of Biochemicals
- Products Derived from Genetically Engineered Microorganisms
How is the Microbiology Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Microbiology Diploma, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Microbiology Diploma, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Microbiology Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in microbiology
- People already working in the fields relevant to microbiology and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Microbiology Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Microbiology Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Microbiology Diploma will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Microbiology Diploma. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.