Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Microbiology Technician Course is the only guide you need for learning the essential topics thoroughly and acquire the necessary skills for a special discounted price. With only 3 hours of training towards your CPD-accredited certificate and course materials designed by industry experts, any of your dreams in professional life can be turned into a reality.
Our exclusive Microbiology Technician Course follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 12 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Microbiology Technician Course. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
Finally, you will receive a CPD-accredited certificate which will fast-track your career and showcase your expertise on this topic to excel in your professional life. This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead in this sector as well as the relevant job market.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Microbiology Technician Course
- Microbiology in healthcare
- Bacteriology and virology
- Parasites and fungi
- Antibiotics and anti-fungal medicines
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Learning Outcomes Of This Microbiology Technician Course
- Understand the importance of microbiology in healthcare
- Understand the roles of a microbiology technician
- Gain in-depth knowledge of disease-causing parasites
- Learn about bacteria and different kinds of DNA viruses
- Understand the role of the immune system against virus, bacteria and fungi
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of antibiotics and anti-fungal medicines
- Learn about sexually transmitted diseases and how to diagnose as well as prevent them
There are plenty of microorganisms on the earth, even more than our imagination. These organisms such as viruses, bacteria, etc are invisible to the naked eye and many of them are directly responsible for human diseases. Microbiology lab technicians deal with these microorganisms to diagnose diseases, which is why in-depth knowledge of microbiology is required to perform the duties.
This Microbiology Technician Course is designed to help learners develop a comprehensive understanding of microbiology and obtain the necessary skills required to be a microbiology technician. In this course, the expert instructor will walk you through the major fields of microbiology. You’ll learn about the importance of microbiology in health care and different types of disease-causing parasites as well as the role of our immune system against them. Moreover, this course provides an in-depth discussion on antibiotics and anti-fungal medicines used to treat sexually transmitted diseases and prevent parasites.
Skills You Will Gain From This Microbiology Technician Course
- Disease diagnosis
- Microbiology specimen analysis
- In-depth knowledge of disease-causing agents
Course Curriculum Of This Microbiology Technician Course:
Module 1:Introduction to Microbiology
- What is microbiology?
- Why is microbiology important?
- The Pathogenic Ecology of Microbes
- Germ Theory Definition
- Who Proposed the Germ Theory of Disease
- The Experiments of Louis Pasteur
- Robert Koch
- Limitations of Koch’s Postulates
Module 2: Bacteriology
- Introduction to Bacteriology
- General Bacteriology
- Cell Structure of Bacteria
- Cell Envelope
- Cytoplasmic Membrane
- Cell Wall
- Capsule and Glycocalyx
- Capsule Stain
Module 3: Viruses
- Discovery and Detection of Viruses
- Host Range
Module 4: DNA Viruses
- Plant DNA Viruses
- Single-Stranded DNA Viruses
- Double-Stranded DNA Viruses
- Module 5: Positive-Strand RNA Viruses
- Positive-Strand RNA Viruses of Animals
- Virus Attachment and Genome Entry
- Viral Replication and Gene Expression
- Viral Exit
Module 6: Negative-Strand RNA Viruses
- Negative-Strand RNA Viruses of Animals
- Attachment and Entry to the Host Cell
- Replicative Cycle of Influenza A
Module 7: Parasites
- Protozoal and Parasitic Diseases
Module 8: Fungi
- Structure and Physiology of Fungi
- Fungal and Parasitic Skin Diseases
Module 9: Antifungal Medicines
- Infections Antifungals Can Treat
- Types of Antifungal Medicines
- How Antifungal Medicines Work
- Pharmacology of Antifungal Drugs
- Adverse Effects
Module 10: Immunology
- Basic Concepts in Immunology
- Cells of the Immune System
- Lymphatic System
- Types of Immunity
- Active Immunity
- Innate Immunity - “First” Immune Defence
- Adaptive Immunity - “Second” Immune Defence
- Adaptive Immunity - Cell Mediated Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity - Humoral Immunity
- T cell-dependent antigens
- Classes of Antibodies
- Antibody Function
Module 11: Antibiotics
- What Are Antibiotics and How Do They Work?
- Antibiotics: Function and Bacterial Interaction
- Antibiotic Resistance
- What Antibiotics Can and Can’t Do
- Side Effects
Module 12: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Viral, Bacterial, Fungal & Protozoan STDs
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Granuloma Inguinal
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Microbiology Technician Course Right for You?
This Microbiology Technician Course is a perfect fit for anyone interested in microbiology and wants to make a career in this field.
This is an introductory training course, and there are no specific entry requirements for enrolment.
After successfully completing this Microbiology Technician Course, you will have gained all the necessary skills to take your first step in the relevant job sector. Moreover, if you’re already working in the aforementioned sector, you will have opportunities for potential promotion, revised job role or supervisory/managerial responsibilities according to your expertise.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.