Add to basket or enquire
Mentoring is a highly valuable development process and at the core is the relationship between the mentor and the mentee, where the development of the mentee is the key focus
The workshop will help you to develop the skills needed to successfully mentor an apprentice, consider how to implement an apprenticeship mentoring programme in your organisation, conduct mentoring sessions using proven models and techniques, review progress and form working relationships.
By the end of the workshop you will develop an understanding of:
- The principles that underpin the mentoring process
- How to identify and apply key models and concepts to the mentoring process
- How to initiate and establish a mentoring process with an apprentice
- An understanding of the skills and behaviours required to conduct mentoring sessions
- An understanding of motivational techniques
- An understanding of the Johari Window model and how this can help develop productive coaching and mentoring relationships
- An understanding of how to monitor and review progress
What will it cover?
- The definition of both coaching and mentoring and what mentoring is not
- Roles and responsibilities of both mentor and mentee during the mentoring relationship
- The Mentoring Continuum
- The key ingredients needed for an effective mentoring relationship
- Opportunity to review case studies of mentoring programmes being successfully run by other organisations and identify best practice approaches
- Overview of Johari Window and how this model can be used to help develop better relationships
- Self-assessment of your communication style and identification of potential development needs you may have
- Different feedback models and how to give truly constructive feedback
- Active listening
Who is this course for?
This popular workshop is designed to support first line managers and/or individuals (mentors) nominated to support the development of an apprentice (mentee).
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.