International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Would you love to learn tricks that'll leave your audience open-mouthed in amazement? Who hasn't watched a magician or mentalist and thought 'How do they do that?'. With our help, you can learn to unlock the door to the magician’s box of tricks.
In our Mentalism and Mind Reading course we are going to take you behind the scenes. With online magic phenomenon Rich Ferguson to guide you, you will learn how to master magic through the power of mentalism and mind reading techniques that will blow your audience away.
Rich Ferguson has featured on major TV networks across the US and internationally, including NBC’s Ellen DeGeneres show. A seasoned and highly respected magician, with a huge social media following, Rich has produced numerous magic DVDs, media content and tutorials, as well as performing his tricks for some of the world's A-list celebrities and corporations.
These are tricks that you can pull out of the hat anywhere, anytime and at any occasion to astound your family, friends or work colleagues. By using simple props such as your mobile phone, books, or the cutlery or crockery on a dining table, these tricks and illusions, once perfected, will have you well on course to being the magician you always wanted to be.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Course access: 60 days – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
In this course, you'll learn to unravel the mysteries of mentalism and mind reading. You will use the art of illusion and psychological-based techniques to amaze your audience and play with their minds.
Students who complete the Mentalism and Mind Reading Course will:
- discover an introduction to mentalism and mind reading like no other
- learn a depth of magical skill rarely shared
- learn mind-boggling book tricks where you can identify any word your assistant may choose
- use small props to create the illusion of reading minds
- learn fun, impromptu magic tricks with everyday objects
- use rubber bands to perform magical miracles
- impress dinner party guests with terrific tricks using the table settings
Module 1: An Introduction to Mentalism and Mind Reading
- 1.1 Defining Mentalism
- 1.2 How Mentalism Fits with Other Magic Tricks
- 1.3 Introduction to the Power of Illusion
- 1.4 Tricks Based on Real Human Behavior
- 1.5 Reading Minds
Module 2: Written Predictions
- 2.1 How to do a center tear
- 2.2 How to do a written mind-reading trick with a book
- 2.3 Learning to cold read
- 2.4 Observing body language and speech
- 2.5 Analyzing micro-expressions
- 2.6 Discovering body language secrets
Module 3: Book Tricks
- 3.1 Trick 1: Pick a Book
- 3.2 Trick 2: Book Trick with Coin
- 3.3 Trick 3: Two-Person Book Trick
- 3.4 Making tricks look slick
Module 4: Mind Reading with Props
- 4.1 Using Books and the "Window of Mystery"
- 4.2 Tricks Using a Notepad
- 4.3 Using Gestures to Conduct Tricks
- 4.4 Dressing Tricks up or down
- 4.5 Perfecting your Performance
Module 5: Impromptu Magic
- 5.1 The Classic Jumping Rubber Band Illusion
- 5.2 The Rubber Band Through Neck Trick
- 5.3 The Disappearing Rubber Band Trick
- 5.4 The Penetrating Rubber Band Trick
- 5.5 Tricks at the Dinner Table
- 5.6 Tricks with Silverware
Who is this course for?
If you love to baffle your friends or a wider audience, you will enjoy learning the tricks of the trade behind mentalism and mind reading. Our Mentalism and Mind Reading course will enable you to:
- learn to master magic techniques
- perform mind reading routines
- entertain using simple props
- polish up your magical talents
- develop your showmanship skills
- understand how other people think
- improve self-confidence, dexterity and develop lateral thinking
- enhance social skills (performing magic tricks is an awesome ice-breaker)
Through our course modules and videos, you will be shown tricks using simple props such as a deck of cards, books and even crockery and toothpicks on the dinner table or your mobile phone!
This Mentalism and Mind Reading course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
HI, The price 12 euro is the total price? If I want to buy this course but I don't want to test at all. could I watch video without tests? thanks.Answer:
Hello! Thank you so much for your question. Please note that the price listed in the REED offer is the total price. The certificate of completion is included however in order to get the certificate you need to complete 100% of the course and all exams must meet the minimum mark of 55%. Thanks, Annika - IOA TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will the certificate be valid?Answer:
Hi, Thank you for you message. Our courses are completed by students worldwide and since frameworks differ from country to country students would need to check any additional requirements when seeking employment in their own area. I wish you a wonderful day.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the meaning of CPDAnswer:
Hi Nina, thank you for your query. CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and it's an accreditation service. When the courses are CPD accredited, it means that they are compatible with global CPD requirements. For further information in this regard, please feel free to reach out to our customer support team through the contact page on our website. Kaoutar - IOA TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.