International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Would you love to learn tricks that'll leave your audience open-mouthed in amazement? Who hasn't watched a magician or mentalist and thought 'How do they do that?'. With our help, you can learn to unlock the door to the magician’s box of tricks.
In our Mentalism and Mind Reading course we are going to take you behind the scenes. With online magic phenomenon Rich Ferguson to guide you, you will learn how to master magic through the power of mentalism and mind reading techniques that will blow your audience away.
Rich Ferguson has featured on major TV networks across the US and internationally, including NBC’s Ellen DeGeneres show. A seasoned and highly respected magician, with a huge social media following, Rich has produced numerous magic DVDs, media content and tutorials, as well as performing his tricks for some of the world's A-list celebrities and corporations.
These are tricks that you can pull out of the hat anywhere, anytime and at any occasion to astound your family, friends or work colleagues. By using simple props such as your mobile phone, books, or the cutlery or crockery on a dining table, these tricks and illusions, once perfected, will have you well on course to being the magician you always wanted to be.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
In this course, you'll learn to unravel the mysteries of mentalism and mind reading. You will use the art of illusion and psychological-based techniques to amaze your audience and play with their minds.
Students who complete the Mentalism and Mind Reading Course will:
- discover an introduction to mentalism and mind reading like no other
- learn a depth of magical skill rarely shared
- learn mind-boggling book tricks where you can identify any word your assistant may choose
- use small props to create the illusion of reading minds
- learn fun, impromptu magic tricks with everyday objects
- use rubber bands to perform magical miracles
- impress dinner party guests with terrific tricks using the table settings
Module 1: An Introduction to Mentalism and Mind Reading
- 1.1 Defining Mentalism
- 1.2 How Mentalism Fits with Other Magic Tricks
- 1.3 Introduction to the Power of Illusion
- 1.4 Tricks Based on Real Human Behavior
- 1.5 Reading Minds
Module 2: Written Predictions
- 2.1 How to do a center tear
- 2.2 How to do a written mind-reading trick with a book
- 2.3 Learning to cold read
- 2.4 Observing body language and speech
- 2.5 Analyzing micro-expressions
- 2.6 Discovering body language secrets
Module 3: Book Tricks
- 3.1 Trick 1: Pick a Book
- 3.2 Trick 2: Book Trick with Coin
- 3.3 Trick 3: Two-Person Book Trick
- 3.4 Making tricks look slick
Module 4: Mind Reading with Props
- 4.1 Using Books and the "Window of Mystery"
- 4.2 Tricks Using a Notepad
- 4.3 Using Gestures to Conduct Tricks
- 4.4 Dressing Tricks up or down
- 4.5 Perfecting your Performance
Module 5: Impromptu Magic
- 5.1 The Classic Jumping Rubber Band Illusion
- 5.2 The Rubber Band Through Neck Trick
- 5.3 The Disappearing Rubber Band Trick
- 5.4 The Penetrating Rubber Band Trick
- 5.5 Tricks at the Dinner Table
- 5.6 Tricks with Silverware
Who is this course for?
If you love to baffle your friends or a wider audience, you will enjoy learning the tricks of the trade behind mentalism and mind reading. Our Mentalism and Mind Reading course will enable you to:
- learn to master magic techniques
- perform mind reading routines
- entertain using simple props
- polish up your magical talents
- develop your showmanship skills
- understand how other people think
- improve self-confidence, dexterity and develop lateral thinking
- enhance social skills (performing magic tricks is an awesome ice-breaker)
Through our course modules and videos, you will be shown tricks using simple props such as a deck of cards, books and even crockery and toothpicks on the dinner table or your mobile phone!
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.