Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This mental health awareness course is designed for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the different types of mental health disorders, their causes, diagnoses and treatment. This mental health awareness course is ideal for aspiring professionals who are looking to secure a career in counselling or clinical psychology.
This comprehensive course will take you through some common mental health-related illnesses such as anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression, introducing some key statistics regarding mental health in the UK. You will learn about their treatments, triggers and development, equipping you with the essential knowledge to become a qualified mental health counsellor.
By the end of the course, you will have an excellent understanding of the social, environmental and developmental factors that play a key role in the development of mental health issues, with in-depth knowledge of a wide range of common psychological disorders.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the definition of mental health
- Understand the key differences between mental health and mental illnesses
- Identify the different types of mental health disorders
- Recognise the causes, triggers, symptoms and diagnosis of different mental health disorders
- Champion mental health awareness for disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression and schizophrenia
- Fast track their career with an accredited and internationally-recognised qualification
Key Features of Mental Health Awareness:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified health and safety professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course
- Demonstrate knowledge of how COVID-19 emerged
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent it from spreading
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and which groups of individuals are most at risk
- Comply with government health guidelines and maintain excellent hygiene
Module 01: What are mental illness and prevalence rates
In module one, we will deepen our understanding of what mental illness is, including statistics regarding mental health in the UK.
Module 02: Symptoms of Bi-Polar, depression, psychotic disorders and schizophrenia
In module two, we will explore a variety of common mental health disorders, deepening our understanding of their symptoms and causes.
Module 03: Symptoms of anxiety, personality disorder, self-harming
In module three, we will explore the symptoms and causes of anxiety and personality disorder, as well as the common triggers of self-harm.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who work in the mental health sector or social care, such as:
- Clinical Psychologists
- Mental Health Counsellors
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Social Workers
- Mental Health Support Workers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long is the course please
Hello Paul, Thank you for your question. The course duration is 04 hours, however, after purchasing, you will get one-year access to the course and you can complete it anytime within a year.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.