Add to basket or enquire
Are you looking for an all-in-all training on mental health awareness & care? Then this is the perfect online training for you! This accredited certification course will prepare you for dealing with adults & children with various mental health problems in your professional life. You will also gain a strong understanding of what mental health is and how to interact & support anyone with mental health issues.
This course starts with an introduction to the different branches of mental health nursing and the development of mental health nursing training. You will learn about the key factors that affect mental health in children, adolescents and adults, exploring a wide range of mental health disorders and personality disorders.
Throughout this training program, you will familiarise with mental health nursing laws and career requirements in the UK. On course completion, you will be equipped with essential cognitive, listening and communication skills.
Highlights of the Mental Health Nursing :
- Be familiar with the role and day-to-day responsibilities of a mental health nurse
- Gain a solid understanding of child, adolescent and adult mental health
- Develop your cognitive, listening, communication and practical skills
- Explore a wide range of common mental health disorders such as anxiety, OCD and anorexia.
- Expand your knowledge of the different types of personality disorders
- Learn about the different models in mental health nursing
- Have sound knowledge of the impact of the digital age on mental health
- Learn about career requirements, nursing best practices and laws in the UK
- Kickstart your career with a recognised qualification in Mental Health Nursing
We’ve taken this comprehensive Mental Health Nursing – Level 3 Training Diploma course and broken it down into 12 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- The Background to Modern Mental Health Nursing
- The Development of Modern Mental Health Nurse Training
- Branches of Mental Health Nursing
Module 02: Mental Health over Life Span and Society
- Distribution of Mental Illness over Life Span
- Most Sophisticated Age Group
- Distribution of Mental Illness over Society
- Most Suffering Social Groups
- Mental Health Services in the Community
Module 03: Child Mental Health
- Development of Child Mental Health
- Family Development
- The Aetiology of Child Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH)
- Considerations and Nursing Assessments for Child Mental Health
Module 04: Adolescent Mental Health
- Considerations and Nursing Assessments in Adolescent Mental Health
- Factors of Adolescent Mental Health
- Working with Families
Module 05: Adult Mental Health
- Problems and Possibilities
- Mental Health of Disabled People
- Drug Users and Drug-Related Practices
- Abuse Victims and High-profile Offenders
Module 06: Planning and Implementation
- Planning Task
- Planning Options
- Direct Work
- Indirect Work
Module 07: Mental Health Nursing Models
- The Interpersonal Model
- The Tidal Model
- The Recovery Model
- The Ten Essential Shared Capabilities
- Diathesis-Stress Model
Module 08: Mental Health in the Digital Age-Part 1
- Overview of Mental Health in the Digital Age
- Mental Health on the Internet: Opportunity
- Mental Health on the Internet: Danger
- Research and Ethics in the Digital Age
Module 09: Mental Health in the Digital Age-Part 2
- Risks and Resilience in Cyberspace
- Social Networking
- Being Connected: Friendships and Social Interactions
- Digital Mental Health Treatment
Module 10: Common Mental Disorders-Part 1
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Avoidant or Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
Module 11: Common Mental Disorders-Part 2
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Some Other Disorders
Module 12: Legislations Related to Mental Health in the UK
- Laws in the UK
- Requirements of Nursing Practice in the UK
- Comparison of Nursing Practice Requirements
- Rights of Patients
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for aspiring mental health nurses and those who are new to the industry. It provides comprehensive training for beginners who are looking to fast track their career and gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become a qualified mental health nurse.
On successful completion of this Mental Health Nursing Course, learners will be equipped with the skills and practical knowledge to fast track their career, with the opportunity to work in a wide range of professional settings. Career opportunities in this field include:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Primary Care Mental Health nurse
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can i retake the test if I don’t pass?
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for contacting us. If you fail your final exam at the first attempt, you can retake the exam. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.