Add to basket or enquire
Our Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Have you always dreamed of pursuing a career in mental health? With 17% of adults and 26% of young people reporting common mental health problems in any given week, there’s more demand than ever for qualified mental health professionals.
Enrol on the Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS training course from One Education to enhance your mental health knowledge. This course is perfect for those looking to kickstart their career in mental health and build a solid foundation of mental health knowledge.
The Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS will provide you with a thorough understanding of both the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) of 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS). Learn about the specifics of the use of MCA and DOLS during the COVID-19 pandemic and gain the most up-to-date mental health knowledge to help you excel in your chosen mental health career. Learn the skills you need to assess mental capacity and provide care or treatment to people who lack capacity with the Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS training course.
Purchasing this Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course will make you eligible to apply for an exclusive TOTUM card — the #1 student discount card with amazing deals on renowned restaurants, clothing lines, accessories, gadgets, beauty products and many more!
What Will I Learn from This Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS Course:
- Get a solid introduction to the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) of 2005
- Explore the five principles of MCA and learn the code of practice for MCA
- Understand how to test for mental capacity
- Explore advocacy and advance planning in mental health
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and record keeping as a mental health professional
- Learn about the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) procedure
- Study the assessment procedure for authorised deprivation in mental health
- Understand the legal background of DOLS
Highlights of the Mental Health Care Training – MCA & DOLS course
- Understand the key principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Learn the proper definition of the deprivation of liberty safeguards (DOLS)
- Know how to assess mental capacity in individuals as a healthcare professional
- Learn how to support someone lacking capacity and protect their best interests
- Broaden your knowledge of the role of the Court of Protection and court-appointed deputies
- Gain an excellent understanding of the application and authorisation of DOLS
- Understand the implications of DOLS for both the service user and service provider
- Deepen your understanding of the supporting framework for mental health care provision
Why People Enrol this Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course
- Learning materials of our Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course content for a full year
- Complete the Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course
We’ve taken this comprehensive Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS Course and broken it down into 13 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is designed with the following modules:
Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS
Module 1. The Mental Capacity Act
- Introduction to the Mental Capacity
- The Mental Capacity Act of 2005
- Changes that the MCA Will Introduce
Module 2. Assessment of Mental Capacity
- Responsibility for Assessing Capacity
- Timing of the Capacity Assessment
- The Test to Assess Capacity
Module 3. Best Interest Decision Making
- Best Interests
- Dispute About ‘Best Interests’
- Best Interest Decision Making Guide
Module 4. Advocacy and Advance Planning
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocates
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment (ADRTs)
Module 5. Providing Care or Treatment to People Who Lack Capacity
- Protecting People Who Work in Health and Social Care
- Information Related to Social Care
- Information Related to Health Care
Module 6. Confidentiality and Record Keeping
- Record Keeping
Module 7. Public Bodies and Services Created by MCA Act 2005
- Court of Protection and Deputies
- The Public Guardian
Module 8. Interface with Legislation, Policy and Procedures
- The MCA and The Mental Health Act 1983/2007
- The MCA and Assessment Processes Across Health and Social Care
- The MCA and State Benefit Appointees
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
Module 9. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- What Is the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Procedure?
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Practice
- Best Interest Principles
Module 10. Authorised Deprivation
- The Assessment Procedure
- Assessors Carrying Out the Assessments
- Timescale for Assessment
Module 11. Legal Background to DOLS
- Defining Deprivation of Liberty – Cheshire West
- The Code of Practice
- Safeguarding from Abuse and Neglect
Module 12. The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards During a Pandemic
- Use of the MCA and DoLS in a Pandemic
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Best Interest Decisions
Module 13. Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS)
- Introduction to the Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Why Are the Liberty Protection Safeguards Being Introduced?
- Difference Between the Liberty Protection Safeguards and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
How is the Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Once you have successfully completed this Mental Health Care - MCA and DOLS course, you will have the necessary skills to explore professions such as:
- Mental Health Counsellor
- Social Worker
- Mental Health Nurse
- Primary Care Physicians
The average annual salary for these job opportunities is £24,000-£30,000.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
A combien s'élèvent les frais supplémentaires pour obtenir l'attestation
Dear Eveline, Thanks for contacting us. Could you please write to us in English. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
how long is this course?
Dear Kathrin, Thanks for contacting us. The total time length of the course is 10 hours. However, once you purchase the course, you will have one-year access to the course. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.