This session is an overview of mental health and is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare environment. It outlines the main types of mental health conditions, along with their respective symptoms and treatments and aims to raise awareness of a healthcare professionals' interaction with people who have mental health illnesses. It will also provide users with links and resources to existing information, advice and support.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe some commonly experienced symptoms of mental health conditions, for example: depression, anxiety disorder and panic attacks, phobias, post traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, and personality disorders
- Describe the different ways health and social care staff can work in order to support people who have mental health conditions
- Describe how positive attitudes towards impairments and disabilities and including people in their own care is essential for promoting positive mental health and well-being for the individual
- Describe how it may be necessary to adjust the way care is provided for people with mental health conditions
- Explain how early detection of mental health needs can improve the way care is provided and the support that is given
- Explain the legislation and policies that are designed to promote and protect human rights including the concepts of capacity and consent
- Describe the types of things that might go wrong in the care of people with mental health conditions and how to report concerns according to local policy and guidelines
Who we are
HL Services is an accredited and trusted leading provider for social care and healthcare training across the UK, founded by health & social care professionals, we have extensive experience in various private and public sectors environments including the NHS.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislations and recommended practice including:
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
The online nature of the courses means that they are affordable, but do not compromise the quality.
We offer over 100 online training courses, developed specifically to meet the need of individuals, health and social care workers to meet both their responsibilities and job roles and are ideal for induction, awareness, knowledge and refresher training.
Who we work with
Healthcare & Social Care Providers & Workers
Hospitals (private and public)
Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
Mental Health and Disability Services,
Residential Care Homes
Domiciliary & Home Care Agencies
Why participate in our training courses?
Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment, a pass mark of 75% is required. The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade. Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, you can retake the test unlimited times at no extra cost.
HL Services Provides continuing professional development (CPD) interactive accredited training courses online for both individuals and businesses in a health and social care environment, allowing you to obtain certified CPD hours.
All our courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
The course is delivered online via our bespoke e-learning portal, complete with both online “class room” style and interactive user-friendly training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning. You can resume or stop your course at any time, remembering the exact point you were at.
This does depend on the level and experience of the individual, as a guide a level 1 takes 1 hour, level 2 takes 2 hours and level takes 3 hours as an average to complete each course. You have 12 months to take the course, however, there is no time limit in which you need to complete the course.
It`s good to know help is at hand.
We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated tutor support offering you unlimited online email support whilst studying to help answer any questions you may have.
HL Services is one of the leading training providers offering CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- Accredited by The Continuous Professional Development Standards Office – Provider Number 60006
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
- The courses are for nurses, midwives, health care professionals, carers and support workers. All persons can enrol on this course
- The course will count towards CPD hours for the process of revalidation for midwives and nurses.
- The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality
- We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone
- The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade
- The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference
- The courses come complete with both online “class room” style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning
- You have 12 months in which to complete the course
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
- You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- The average course takes 1 hour per module
- The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training
- The course will assist in remaining compliant, getting a job, starting a career or to expand on your current learning and development.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest worker or manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course.
Who is this course for?
The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training.
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile Device
Accredited Training Certificate which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do you offer Practical Nursing review courses?
Dear Hermina No we do not offer practical nursing review courses.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Monica Gomes asked:
How many years Does cource is vallidy ?
Dear Monica Our courses are CPD courses which means they are valid for a year.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I can't get on to my course mental capacity which I have paid for please help thank you
Dear Angelina Please contact our support team via the website - you need to reset your password.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What can I do with this certificate?
Dear Akwasi This certificate proves that you have refreshed your knowledge in Mental Health Awareness and shows that you are putting in continual practice and development time in to improve yourself.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.