The Mental Health Awareness Level 4 Diploma is an interdisciplinary award designed to equip health professionals to support people with mental health issues and their carers.
Students will be introduced to the mental health care system and will learn practical counselling skills to enable them to work effectively in the mental health field.
The program will prepare health professionals to work in rural and remote areas, as well as metropolitan areas, and with people from all cultural backgrounds.
The course fee covers registration, learning materials (PDF/eBooks) and assessment. Certification is subject to a single payment of £15 for soft-copy and £20 for printed version payable to the UK Home College.
This course is designed for learners aged 18 and above, who are working in a range of settings within the public, private or voluntary sectors and who wish to raise their awareness of mental health or for those who wish to improve their understanding to increase their opportunities of finding work.
This course aims to equip students with mental health assessment and intervention skills.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate theoretical knowledge and skills-based practice in the field of mental health practice, and a professional understanding of the main focused psychological strategies.
- apply principles of ethical practice and plan ways to work with consumers in complex situations, demonstrating respect for diversity and well developed judgement.
- conduct an initial mental health assessment session in a competent, adaptable and professional manner in order to best meet the needs of the consumer.
- critically reflect on the importance of developing practice skills and the need for ongoing supervision and professional development.
- communicate knowledge, skills and ideas to others; and
- demonstrate professional and academic writing skills.
Moreover graduates of this course will;
- have developed a broad body of knowledge of this topic including the underlying concepts and skills relevant to mental health clients.
- use communication skills to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical concepts involved in building empathic relationships with clients based on the approaches studied in the course.
- have a global perspective of mental health practice that is culturally sensitive and they will have the capacity to understand the implications for clients.
- have the capacity to evaluate the sources and validity of information relevant to this topic and the ability to use information critically.
- have the capacity to take responsibility and be accountable for learning and professional practice.
- have an ability to review and consolidate knowledge and identify appropriate ways to support clients.
- understand and have a capacity to practice at the highest standards of ethical behaviour, including an understanding of ethical, social justice and equity responsibilities.
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of effective, multi-disciplinary teamwork and knowledge of the skills necessary to operate effectively in a team.
Who is this course for?
It will be relevant for all allied health professionals such as counsellors, psychologists, nurses, social workers, general practitioners, pharmacists and other health professionals and their assistants either working or interested in mental health areas.
Candidates must be aged 18 and above.
After successfully completing the course candidates will be able to work as;
- Social Workers' assistant
- Clinical Psychologists' assistant
- Counsellors' assistant
- Psychologists' assistant
- and other health professionals' aide
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.