Add to basket or enquire
With one in four people experiencing some sort of mental health issues per year in England alone, there’s plenty of opportunities for you to pursue a career in mental health and make a real difference in the lives of others.
The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders online training course is an expertly-created course to provide you with a complete overview of common mental health and psychiatric disorders. The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course looks at common symptoms of each disorder and the types of treatment that can be offered for each.
This Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course is created by professionals and accredited by the CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course is made up of 12 comprehensive modules, each enhancing your mental health knowledge. Students can expect to complete this course in around 05 hours.
The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders training course is a comprehensive course from Janets, one of the top online training providers in the UK. Janets are providers of top-quality education through distance e-learning. With the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course, you can learn the skills you need to pursue a career in the mental health care field.
What You Will Learn From the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course:
- Receive an in-depth introduction to the field of mental health care
- Understand the early signs of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders, and what can be done to help treat them
- Gain insight into what good mental wellbeing looks like
- Learn about childhood and adolescent psychiatric disorders such as autism and ADHD
- Gain a deep understanding of a number of common mental health disorders and psychiatric disorders including eating and sleeping disorders, mood disorders, and personality disorders
- Focus on mental health in the workplace and how you can combat it
- Learn about mental health legislation and services
- Look at the social attitudes to mental health and how you can deal with this stigma
What You Get Out Of Studying Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course
- Full one-year access to Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course materials
- Instant assessment results
- No hidden fees with the Introduction to Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course at your own pace
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Complete understanding of Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Study Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential by learning about Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**Mental Health Awareness Certificate**
Module 1: Introduction to Mental Health
- What Is Mental Health?
- Characteristics Of Good Mental Health
- What Is Mental Illness?
- Early Signs Of Mental Health Problems
- Mental Health Statistics: UK And Worldwide
- Definition Of Mental Well-Being
- Indication Of Good Mental Well-Being
- How To Improve Mental Well-Being
Module 2: Childhood And Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Mental Retardation
Module 3: Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD)
Module 4: Schizophrenia
- What Is Schizophrenia Disorder?
- Paranoid Schizophrenia Disorder
- Disorganised Schizophrenia Disorder
- Catatonic Schizophrenia Disorder
Module 5: Personality Disorders
- Personality and Personality Disorders
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
Module 6: Mood Disorders
- Mood Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
Module 7: Eating and Sleeping Disorders
- Eating Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa Disorder
- Breathing-Related Sleep Disorder
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- Narcolepsy Disorder
- Primary Hypersomnia Disorder
- Primary Insomnia Disorder
- Sleep Paralysis
Module 8: Self-Harm and Suicide
- What Is Self-Harm?
- The Self-Harm Cycle
- Why Do People Self-Harm?
- Support Services and Treatments
- Self Care
- Risk Factors
- Suicide, Mental Health and Self-Harm
- Suicide Prevention
Module 9: Medication and Therapy in the Treatment of Mental Illness
- Psychiatric Medication
- Talking Therapy and Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Activation
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
Module 10: Social Attitudes To Mental Illness
- Mental Health Stigma
- Types & Consequences of Stigma
- Cultural Influences on Mental Illness
- Public Knowledge and Attitudes
- Dealing With Stigma
Module 11: Mental Health Legislation and Services
- Mental Health Act
- Advice for Carers and Families
- Who Decides that Someone should be Detained?
- Mental Health Assessment
- What Does the Term ‘Being Sectioned’ Mean?
- Appealing Against Being Detained
- Consent to Treatment
- “Section 17 Leave”
- Community Treatment Order
- The SOAD Service
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Mental Health Act During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Module 12: Mental Health In The Workplace
- Work-Related Stress
- What Can Give Rise To Stress At Work?
- The Early Warning Signs
- Creating A Healthy Workplace
- Developing A Mental Health Policy
- What Is Workplace Adjustment?
- Why Make Adjustments?
- When To Make Adjustments
- Ways To Support Workplace Adjustments
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course. After successfully passing the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders expertise.
All students who successfully complete the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a professional qualification to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Training and gain an industry-recognised qualification that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Ayan Fredrick asked:
How long does it generally take for people to complete this Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course?
Hi Ayan, Good afternoon. The estimated duration of the course content is around 5 hours. But you can access the course for 1 year and can complete it at your own pace and time. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I get a certificate upon completion of this mental health and psychiatric disorders course? or do I have to pass a test?
Hi Akira, Good Morning. In order to complete the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders course, you are required to pass the final exam of the course. Once you successfully complete the course you will receive the PDF certificate. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the assessment method for this Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course?
Hi Bozlol, Good morning. To successfully complete the Mental Health and Psychiatric Disorders Course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.