Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online Mental Health Act training course. This Mental Health Act e-learning course was developed to meet the statutory and professional requirements of those who look after people with mental health disorders. This Mental Health Act training course also includes key aspects of the code of practice and the guiding principles for health and social care professionals.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online Mental Health Act training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines related to the Mental Health Act
- To provide an awareness of the four steps compulsion pathway and the code of practice
- To provide an understanding of the now broader professional roles and guidance relating to electroconvulsive therapy
- To improve the learner’s awareness of how mental health tribunals work and the guiding principles for health and social care professionals
- To provide essential learning resources relating to the Mental Health Act in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this course?
This online Mental Health Act training course covers the following:
- Introduction into the Mental Health Act
- The key aspects of the Mental Health Act
- The four step compulsion pathway
- The Mental Health Act code of practice
- Broadening professional roles under the Mental Health Act
- Electroconvulsive therapy guidance
- Mental health tribunals
- The five Mental Health Act guiding principles
- Additional online learning resources and references relating to the Mental Heallth Act
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online Mental Health Act course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this Mental Health Act training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this mental health act e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about mental health
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Who is this Mental Health Act training course for?
Ad Vitam Learning’s Mental Health Act eLearning course should be completed by nurses and other healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants who work with people with mental health disorders. This Mental Health Act online training is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This Mental Health Act training course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of the wider online mental health awareness training courses. Your employer may also ask you to complete the Mental Health Act training together with candidate mandatory training courses depending on your job role.
This online Mental Health Act course covers the main points relating to the Mental Health Act itself, as well as the code of practice and the five guiding principles. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
no requirements needed to study this course
- improves career opportunities in mental health settings e,g Nursing homes
- CPD credits for Nurses for revalidation
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Please can you confirm if this course can be paid via invoice?
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we only take cash or card payment via the reed account.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.