Add to basket or enquire
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) came into force in 2007 and was designed to strengthen the protection of vulnerable adults. This was followed by The Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) being implemented in 2009. This care course provides background to the MCA and its relationship to DOLS and how those working within the care sector can ensure compliance whilst carrying out their job role. Candidates will also gain an understanding of how to keep the best interests of those that they care for who may or may not be able to consent.
This package is designed for any individual wishing to pursue or enhance their career in Health and Social Care.
Our Online Courses is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered.
In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
- Module 1 - Define capacity
- Module 2 - When to Assess
- Module 3 - Principles of Assessment
- Module 4 - Carer Liability
- Module 5 - Recording Your Practice
- Module 6 - Advance Decision
- Module 7 - What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- Module 8 - Deprivation of Liberty Assessment
Who is this course for?
- This course is accredited by The CPD Group
- Our Online test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
- Health Care Professional
- Support Workers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.