Medications Management Level 2 – Online Training Course – CPD Certified
This module was developed for registered nurses and other health & social care workers responsible for ordering, storing and administering medicines.
Study method - Online, self-paced ( 1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
This e learning medications management course takes approximately 60 to 120 minutes to complete. How long you take to complete the medications management course depends on your previous knowledge of the subject and work experience. You can complete it in one sitting, or STOP and RESUME at a later stage. All your course progress will be saved, together with any certificates you have already earned with MHC Training Solutions.
Once you have completed all the online learning materials for this medications management course, you will be required to complete an online assessment. The reason for this online assessment is to test your knowledge regarding medications management and regulatory requirements. You will be required to gain a pass mark of at least 80% to pass. If you fail the medications management knowledge test, do not worry - You can revise the e-learning materials as many time as you like and retake the course at no extra charge.
All our online courses are accredited and in line with the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) standards. The CPD standards require a robust process of content development, peer review and compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements. Once you have successfully completed the knowledge test, you will be sent a CPD certificate (you can download or print out), which can be used across the UK.
Payment and additional information
Once you have purchased your online medications management course, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your online training course(s).
Why is this online medications management level 2 training course important?
This medications management training course was developed to meet the required Skills for Health learning outcomes and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
On completion of this online medications management training course, you will be able to:
- provide the learner with an understanding of the key legislation regarding medications management
- provide essential medications management training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online medications management training course?
This e-learning medications management training course was written to the skills for health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into medications management
- Legislation and guidance for medicines management
- Key principles of medicines management
- Consent to treatment
- Obtaining medication
- General support with medicines
- Principles of safe administration of medicines
- Awareness of specific medicines
- Service users with swallowing difficulties
- Covert administration of medicines
- Safe storage and disposal of medicines
- Interface issues in transfer of care
- Medications Administration Record (MAR) sheet
National Skills Academy (Health) National Delivery Partner
We are a National Skills Academy for Health National Delivery Partner and also have a range of Qualifications and Credit Framework courses in collaboration with various awarding bodies.
Health care and social care training experts
All our online training courses are written in line with established CPD Standards and comply with the requirements of all Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated organisations, including:
- NHS Trusts;
- Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs);
- GP practices;
- private hospitals and other healthcare providers;
- nursing and residential care homes;
- community based adult social care provider;
- hospices and other community based settings;
- recruitment agencies and locum agencies supplying staff to the NHS and the private sector
Legislative and regulatory framework
All our healthcare and social care courses are compliant with the relevant regulatory and legislative frameworks, including:
- Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF);
- Skills for Care’s Care Certificate;
- CQC’s Common Induction Standards;
- Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines;
- National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines;
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and many other regulatory organisations’ recommendations for employers and employees
E-learning for health care & social care organisations
- Are you looking to buy multiple CPD online training courses?
- Or perhaps explore the benefits of online learning, blended learning and how to set up your organisational e-learning?
- Regardless of how big or small your e learning requirements are, MHC Training Solutions will help you to stay ahead with online learning.
Why choose MHC Training Solutions’ online training courses?
MHC Training Solutions is a leading provider of accredited mandatory training courses including health and safety courses, healthcare training courses, health and social care training courses, home care training, online training courses, management courses and clinical skills workshops among many others.
There are other benefits of choosing MHC Training Solutions’ as your e-learning training provider, including:
- It is a National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- free blended learning environment for individuals and meeting UK compliance requirements
- An approved UK training centre
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- organizations to support existing training
- competitively priced online training courses
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Medications Management Level 2 – Online Training Course – CPD Certified
Who is this course for?
This online medications management course should be taken by all health and social care staff. These include, doctors, locum doctors, allied health professionals (AHP’s), nurses, agency nurses, healthcare assistants and social care support workers.
All our online courses are written for different levels depending on job role, i.e., from Level 1 to Level 6. It is recommended that learners should complete introductory modules, i.e., Level 1 modules before attempting Level 3-6 courses. Those who are new to health and social care sectors should complete introductory modules, particularly the Care Certificate. Some modules require additional practical assessments in your place of employment, for example first aid, manual handling of objects, moving and handling of people and resuscitation. These modules can be used for professional reviews and re-validation for doctors and nurses.
On completion of introductory modules, those new to health and social care sectors can proceed to complete health and social care QCF and NVQ qualifications from Level 2 up to Level 6., as well as nursing and allied health professions. Qualified health and social care professionals can use these online modules for their continuing professional development and re-validation requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.