Pitman Training Glasgow & Edinburgh
Add to basket or enquire
Objectives: To give an introduction to the work of a Medical Secretary including responsibilities, practice and structure of the various medical departments in hospitals and GP surgeries.
* Course follows syllabus for the AMSPAR Certificate in Medical Terminology
* Comprehensive workbook
* Comprehensive self-assessments
* Extensive reference section
* A variety of learning media employed
* Externally marked assessments which follow the syllabus for the OCR and AMSPAR examinations
* Baillière’s Nurses’ Dictionary included
* Develop knowledge of the workings and structure of the medical secretarial profession
* Flexibility of self-paced training methods
* A personalised workbook to use as a reference guide
* The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training certification. In addition the OCR Medical Word Processing examination and the AMSPAR Certificate in Medical Terminology can be taken separately but are not included in the course.
There are 15 Lessons in the course
Module1: Overview of the Medical specialities; introduction to word units
Module 2: Structure of the body, cells tissues, organs, and systems
Module 3: Orthopaedics
Module 4: Cardiology
Module 5: The Respiratory System
Module 6: Female Reproduction
Module 7: Male Reproduction
Module 8: Urology
Module 9: Gastroenterology
Module 10: The Lymphatic System and Immunology
Module 11: Dermatology
Module 12: Neurology
Module 13: Psychiatry and Psychology
Module 14: Ophthalmology and ENT
Module 15: Prescription and drug abbreviations: consolidation of terminology covered in the course.
Who is this course for?
For experienced secretaries who have word processing knowledge to an intermediate level who wish to work as a medical secretary.
no pre-requisites required
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.