Add to basket or enquire
What's it like to work as a medical secretary, you may wonder? A medical secretary would:
- Handle patient queries
- Organise a consultant's calendar
- Maintain patient records up to date
- Manage an effective filing system and much more.
A medical secretary focuses on ensuring a doctor's office functions efficiently so that patients receive the best possible care. However, to provide this secretarial support, a medical secretary must have a firm understanding of office organisation and standard procedures. Along with that, they should be able to use medical jargon and terminologies fluently. With this Medical Secretary course, you can learn about what a medical secretarial profession entails and the abilities required to do the job effectively.
By taking this course, you will have the opportunity of getting to know the healthcare industry from the inside out. This course will tell you about the roles and responsibilities of a medical secretary. You will also learn a series of medical secretary skills: effective filing system, medical transcription, medical writing, maintaining medical records, appointment system and more. Furthermore, this medical secretary training will educate you on the vital concepts of patient confidentiality and other legal aspects of the healthcare sector.
Our Diploma in Medical Secretary course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Diploma in Medical Secretary course is also accredited by IAO & CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Add this Medical Secretary course to your basket and gain top-tier secretarial abilities to work in the healthcare industry.
What you'll get out of this Medical Secretary course:
- Acquaint yourself with the ins and outs of the healthcare industry,
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a medical secretary.
- Learn how to organise schedules and manage appointment systems.
- Get step-by-step guidance on maintaining medical records and learn the principle of good record-keeping.
- Have a clear understanding of the effective filing system in medical offices.
- Familiarise yourself with the concept of patient confidentiality and its dos and don'ts.
- Become skilled at controlling and ordering stocks and supplies.
- Enhance your knowledge of medical jargon and terminology.
- Learn about the importance of health and safety in the healthcare sector.
- Become well versed in the ethical, legal and technological aspects of the healthcare sector.
Why People Enrol this Diploma in Medical Secretary Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Diploma in Medical Secretary course
- Learning materials of our Diploma in Medical Secretary course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Diploma in Medical Secretary course content for a full year
- Complete the Diploma in Medical Secretary course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Diploma in Medical Secretary course
This Diploma in Medical Secretary course is designed with the following modules:
Medical Secretary - Module 1:
Introduction to Medical Secretary
- Who is a Medical Secretary?
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Job Role and Duties
- Personal Qualities and Skills
Medical Secretary - Module 2:
- Managing Appointment System
- Handling and Making Appointments
- Appointment Responsibilities And Techniques
- Guidelines for Successful Appointment Scheduling
Medical Secretary - Module 3:
Maintaining Medical Records
- What is Medical Record?
- Value of Medical Records.
- Principles of Good Record Keeping
- Storage of Medical Records
- Case Notes
- Master Index
- Medical Record Library
Medical Secretary - Module 4:
Effective Filing Systems in Medical Offices
- The Filing System in Medical Offices
- The Basic Filing Requirement
Medical Secretary - Module 5:
Confidentiality in a Medical Environment
- The Concept of Patient Confidentiality
- Confidentiality 'Dos and Don'ts'
Medical Secretary -Module 6:
Controlling Stocks and Supplies
- Typical Business Office Supplies
- Ordering Supplies
Medical Secretary - Module 7:
Medical Jargon and Terminology
- Common Anatomy Term
- Common Pathology Terms
Medical Secretary - Module 8:
Maintaining Workplace Safety
- Importance of Health and Safety In the Healthcare Sector
- First Aid at Work
- Types of Risks and Hazards
Medical Secretary - Module 9:
Information Technology in Health Care
- Basic Operation of a Computer
- Electronic Prescriptions
- Patient benefits Through Computerization
Medical Secretary - Module 10:
Legal aspects and Ethics
- Legal Aspects
- Medical Ethics and Etiquette
How is the Diploma in Medical Secretary Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Diploma in Medical Secretary, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Diploma in Medical Secretary, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Diploma in Medical Secretary course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Diploma in Medical Secretary course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Diploma in Medical Secretary course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Once you complete this Medical Secretary course, you will build a series of skills essential for career advancement and have several job opportunities to pursue, such as —
- Medical Secretary
- Healthcare Administrator
- GP Receptionist
- Patient Coordinator
- Medical Receptionist
These career prospects pay between £10,000 and £30,000 per year in the United Kingdom.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do I have deadline to complete this course?
Dear Marta, Thanks for the question. After purchasing the course, you will have a one-year access to the course. You can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can this course be completed on a smartphone or tablet; or do you need a laptop?
Dear Kirsty, OUr platform is almost all device friendly. You can use it from all most all major devices including your smartphone (Android and iOS). Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I receive a hard copy of the Certificate after completion of the course? Many thanks.
Hi Karolina, Thanks for reaching out. We do provide the hardcopy certificate by post at the end of the course. You will be able to order the certificate at the end of the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.