Fast track your career with this awarding body certificate and gain all the in-demand skills and knowledge to become a qualified medical secretary, with the Medical Secretary Diploma course. This comprehensive training course is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that ensures professional, reputable certification for further education.
In this course, you will receive practical training in all areas of medical secretarial work, covering fundamental topics such as medical coding and billing, record management, medical audio transcriptions, and medical terminology. You will learn valuable transferable and professional skills, and explore the law and legislation behind medical administrative work.
The course is ideal for those who are new to the medical sector and are looking to take their first steps towards a career as a medical secretary.
- The role of a medical secretary, skills and responsibilities
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of human anatomy
- Understand the basics of first aid and know what to do in the case of a medical emergency
- Gain a solid understanding of key medical terminology and their definitions
- Learn the fundamental criteria for medical record management
- Understand the procedures and process for medical insurance billing and coding
- Know how to conduct medical research and understand the law and ethics regarding medical research
- Get step-by-step training on how to create a medical audio transcription
- Develop your communication, time-management, organisation and administrative skills
- Fast track your career as a medical secretary with a recognised qualification
Medical Secretary Diploma
Medical Secretary Level 1
Module 1: Medical Secretary and Their Duties
- Medical Secretary Introduction
- Receptionist Training for Medical Secretary
Module 2: Communication
Medical Secretary Level 2
Module 3: Audio Transcription & Volunteer Training
- Medical Audio Transcription
- Medical Volunteer Training
Module 4: First Aid and Human Anatomy
- First Aid Training
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
Module 5: Medical Terminology
- Medical Terminology
Medical Secretary Level 3
Module 6: Management of Medical Records
- Management of Medical Records
Module 7: Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding
Module 8: Research, Laws and Ethics
- Medical Research
- Medical Law and Ethics
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate of achievement from ABC & Certa Awards by paying the accreditation fee of £78. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is this course for?
This endorsed training course is ideal for professionals who are looking to kickstart a career in the medical industry in an administrative role. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible, virtual classroom modules that you can study on a part-time or full-time basis. Increase your earning potential with a recognised, formal qualification and fast track your career online today.
The Medical Secretary Diploma course provides a stepping stone towards a successful career as a medical secretary, with the opportunity to work in a private practice or with the NHS. Through our specialist training, junior medical secretaries can gain the skills and knowledge to work their way up to a senior-level role.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.