Always wanted to be involved with the Health System without being a Doctor or a Nurse. Why not becoming a Medical Receptionist?
Our Medical Receptionist course has been designed to prepare you for that first step into a rewarding career. With extensive training and practice on Medesk, this course will boost your confidence and prepare you for your exciting future ahead.
Spectacular achievements come with preparation. Get the skills you need for the life you want. Do not wait and take our life changing course now!
UK Leading medical receptionist procedures and brand standards:
- Welcoming visitors and making an excellent first impression
- Delivering outstanding customer service and building rapport
- Confident body language, professional tone and language
- Personal presentation, dress code and medical etiquette
- Understanding all relevant Medical Reception forms
- Greeting and assisting visitors, patients and staff in a professional manner
- Different roles within a practice
- Understanding different departments within a hospital
- Sources of advice and support outside the practice
- Watching out for “Triggers” in Emergencies
- Becoming a "Care Navigator"
- Prioritising workload and patients
- Registering patients and visitors and assisting with processing registrations and check ins
- Private patients vs. NHS patients
- Understanding medical jargon, terminology and abbreviations
- Responding to telephone, email and face to face queries
- General Administration duties
- Incident reporting
- Logging and reporting of health and safety issues
- Handling of post including use of franking machine DM60
- Effective communication
Medesk Clinic Management Software:
You will get extensive Clinic Management Software practice on:
- Medesk Clinic Management Software
- Booking Appointments
- Regular Appointments and Emergency Appointments
- Registering new patients
- Creating invoices and taking payments
- Scanning and filing of forms and documents
- Handling prescriptions
- Blocking Practitioner's schedule
- Setting reminders and tasks
- Schedule hospital admissions, tests, scans and outside appointments for patients
- Obtain external medical reports as required by medical professionals
This course includes comprehensive, hands-on sessions on touch typing to ensure all graduates are able to type at adequate speed without the need to look at the keyboard.
Patient and Visitor interaction:
- Patient interaction
- Becoming familiar with medical terminology
- Handling irate visitors
- How to deal with anxious and paranoid visitors
- CV writing skills; guidance on creating the correct CV
- Interview techniques; guidance on how to perform in an interview
- Career path planning for a clear understanding of your future
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.