Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
End date: 01/10/2021
Additional info: Available course times: 16:30-20:30
End date: 26/11/2021
Additional info: Available course times: 7:30-11:30
Start your new Medical Receptionist Career from as little as £41.25 a month. Easy Repayment Plan available for this course.
This specific Medical Reception Career Starter Course has been designed for individuals looking to begin a career in the Medical Reception sector without prior experience in this field. Ultimately leading to employment in either a private GP practice, NHS Walk-In Centre, Dental Reception or Hospital Reception.
If you like to start a fulfilling Medical Reception career that offers a real sense of purpose within an ever growing industry - then this course is ideal for you.
Browse the course content below and see how we can get you the job you want.
If you can't find what you are looking for or you would prefer to speak to a trainer/advisor in person, come and see us, give us a call or use our website chat function.
Get the skills you need for the career you want!
This classroom course is taught by a professional and qualified teacher. Lessons are hands-on and delivered in a state of the art classroom.
Topics taught in class include:
- Welcoming visitors and making an excellent first impression
- Delivering outstanding customer service and building rapport
- Confident body language, professional tone and language
- Personal presentation, dress code and medical etiquette
- Understanding all relevant Medical Reception forms
- Greeting and assisting visitors, patients and staff in a professional manner
- Different roles within a practice
- Understanding different departments within a hospital
- Sources of advice and support outside the practice
- Watching out for “Triggers” in Emergencies
- Becoming a "Care Navigator"
- Prioritising workload and patients
- Registering patients and visitors and assisting with processing registrations and check ins
- Private patients vs. NHS patients
- Understanding medical jargon, terminology and abbreviations
- Responding to telephone, email and face to face queries
- General Administration duties
- Incident reporting
- Logging and reporting of health and safety issues
- Handling of post including use of franking machine
- Effective communication
Extensive Software practice:
- Medesk Clinic Management Software Training
- Booking Appointments
- Regular Appointments and Emergency Appointments
- Registering new patients
- Creating invoices and taking payments
- Scanning and filing of forms and documents
- Handling prescriptions
- Blocking Practitioner's schedule
- Setting reminders and tasks
- Schedule hospital admissions, tests, scans and outside appointments for patients
- Obtain external medical reports as required by medical professionals
Patient and Visitor interaction:
- Patient interaction
- Becoming familiar with medical terminology
- Handling irate visitors
- How to deal with anxious and paranoid visitors
- Working under pressure
This course includes comprehensive, hands-on sessions on touch typing to ensure all graduates are able to type at adequate speed without the need to look at the keyboard.
Who is this course for?
This Medical Receptionist and Clinic Management Software Course is the ideal course for:
- Those looking to begin a career in the medical sector with no previous UK Front Office experience
- Business Administration graduates looking to gain a qualification to complement their degree
- Experienced Hotel or Corporate Receptionists looking to move into the medical sector
- Anyone looking for a fulfilling role in front office
- Anyone looking to provide great customer service in a fast-growing industry
As this is a Career Starter course, specifically designed for anyone without prior Medical Reception experience, there are no requirements.
If you are confident in your ability to speak English and your current level is intermediate to upper-intermediate you are welcome to register for the course.
This course includes lessons on specific terminology used as a medical receptionist and you will therefore improve your spoken English as a result of taking this course.
Over 95% of course students go into employment on course completion.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.