Add to basket or enquire
Understand common hazards and exposure risks, including chemical, radiological and biological hazards that are found in medical laboratories. Learn how to prevent exposure to these hazards and emergency response procedures in case of exposure.
The Medical Laboratory Safety Course is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for this topic and is interested in enjoying a long career in the relevant industry. It’s also for anyone who is already working in this field and looking to brush up their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
This Medical Laboratory Safety Course consists of several modules that take around 3 hours to complete. The course is accompanied by instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how-to instructions and advice.
The course is offered online at a very affordable price. That gives you the ability to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home. You can access the modules from anywhere and from any device.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**Medical Laboratory Safety**
Module 1: Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to Laboratory Technician
- What is a Laboratory?
- What is a Clinical Laboratory?
- Types of Clinical Laboratories
- Skills and Knowledge Required as a Laboratory Technician
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician
Module 2: COSHH Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002 (COSHH)
- The CLP Regulations
- Guidance Notes and Approved Code of Practice
- Employers’ duties
- Employees’ duties
- Responsibilities of the Enforcement Officers
Module 03: Laboratory Equipments (Part-01)
- Introduction to Laboratory Equipments
- General Labware
- Types and Functions of Labware
- Test Tubes
- Graduated Cylinders
- Care and Cleaning of Labware
- Safety Precautions
Module 04: Laboratory Equipments (Part-02)
- Common Laboratory Equipment
- Laboratory Balances
- pH Meters
- Temperature-Controlled Units
- Safety Cabinets and Fume Hoods
Module 5: Laboratory Accidents and Safety
- Chemical Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Hazards
- Glassware Hazards
- Infectious Waste
- Final Decontamination of Waste Materials
- Basic First-Aid Procedures
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you're an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Medical Laboratory Safety course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Medical Laboratory Safety is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.