Add to basket or enquire
Medical Gas Supplies - Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course.
Medical gas supply systems in hospitals and other healthcare facilities are utilised to supply specialised gases and gas mixtures to various parts of the facility. Medical gases are widely used throughout hospital and community settings. To ensure that medical gases are used safely, healthcare professionals need to be trained in the correct method of handling, setting up and using medical gas equipment. This helps to ensure that medical gases are safely administered to patients following the approved procedure. Health and social care organisations will also be meeting the legislative and regulatory requirements set out by UK authorities.
Medical gas supplies in healthcare settings
Study method - Online, self-paced
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course duration - Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarded body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Anticipated duration (Indicative CPD hours) - 2 hours.
Why is this course important?
The gases used in hospitals and other healthcare and community care settings include oxygen, air and nitrous oxide. An understanding of how to use them is an essential part of being a safe medical or healthcare practitioner.
There are many safeguards built into modern medical gas supply systems to reduce the chances of accidents from medical gases occurring. Despite these, it is still possible to deliver gases of dangerous composition and pressures to patients
Assessment and certification
At the end of this Medical gas supply online training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this Medical gas supply online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
Payment and additional information
After adding your Medical gas supply training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your Medical gas supply training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
Legislative and regulatory framework
All our healthcare and social care courses are compliant with the relevant regulatory and legislative frameworks, including:
- Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF);
- Skills for Care’s Care Certificate;
- CQC’s Common Induction Standards;
- Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines;
- National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines;
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and many other regulatory organisations’ recommendations for employers and employees
E-learning for health care & social care organisations
- Are you looking to buy multiple CPD online training courses?
- Or perhaps explore the benefits of online learning, blended learning and how to set up your organisational e-learning?
- Regardless of how big or small your e learning requirements are, MHC Training Solutions will help you to stay ahead with online learning.
Medical Gas Supplies - Level 2 - Online Training Course.
Course aims and objectives
This online medical gas supplies e-learning course was developed to help healthcare professionals understand the legislative requirements to meet UK safety requirements.
This eLearning introduces the essentials of the storage and delivery of medical gases used in healthcare settings. By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of medical gas supply systems,
- Explain how to safely use medical gas pipelines and cylinders,
- Accurately describe the capacity and usage of common oxygen cylinder sizes,
- Explain how to prevent pipeline and cylinder misconnections,
- Describe the steps involved in changing an oxygen gas cylinder, and
- Ensure that you get the necessary additional training and assessment in line with local policies and procedures.
What is covered in this online course?
This medical gas supplies e-learning course includes the following:
- Introduction to medical gas supplies,
- Medical gas pressure units,
- Liquid oxygen storage systems,
- Vacuum insulated evaporation,
- Types of medical gases:
- Nitrous oxide,
- Medical gas pipelines,
- Oxygen pipelines and outlets,
- Probe and socket systems,
- NIST connectors,
- Medical gas cylinders,
- Oxygen cylinder fittings,
- Bodok cylinder seal,
- Oxygen cylinder pin indexing,
- Bull nose oxygen cylinders,
- How to change an oxygen cylinder,
- Oxygen cylinder sizes,
- Safe storage and transportation of oxygen cylinders.
Why choose MHC Training Solutions’ online training courses?
MHC Training Solutions is a leading provider of accredited mandatory training courses including health and safety courses, healthcare training courses, health and social care training courses, home care training, online training courses, management courses and clinical skills workshops among many others.
There are other benefits of choosing MHC Training Solutions’ as your e-learning training provider, including:
- free blended learning environment for individuals and meeting UK compliance requirements
- An approved UK training centre
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- organizations to support existing training
- competitively priced online training courses
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimise travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimise hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of e-Learning for healthcare providers
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
National Skills Academy (Health) National Delivery Partner
We are a National Skills Academy for Health National Delivery Partner and also have a range of Qualifications and Credit Framework courses in collaboration with various awarding bodies.
Health care and social care training experts
All our online training courses are written in line with established CPD Standards and comply with the requirements of all Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated organisations, including:
- NHS Trusts;
- Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs);
- GP practices;
- private hospitals and other healthcare providers;
- nursing and residential care homes;
- community based adult social care provider;
- hospices and other community based settings;
- recruitment agencies and locum agencies supplying staff to the NHS and the private sector
Who is this course for?
This medical gas supplies online course was developed for those who routinely use medical gases in clinical environments including:
- General practitioners
- Pre-hospital workers
- Allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Registered nurses and midwives, and
- Health and social care support workers
- Porters and maintenance staff.
To complete this medical gas supplies online training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
The Mandatory Training Group’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.