Add to basket or enquire
This comprehensive and exciting Media and Journalism Course will prepare you for everything that you must know about journalism and the required skills to captivate audiences using powerful messages.
By taking this Media and Journalism course, you’ll study the principle, practices and systems involved in all aspects of journalism, following with the fundamental elements of the journalistic process in the most compelling way possible. You’ll also learn the skills required to work as a journalist and the essential methods in journalism and reportage. This Media and Journalism course also illustrates the uncertainty, risks and obstacles affect the modern journalist and explain the ways to overcome those difficulties.
Besides, enhance your knowledge of various newspaper and magazine types, and explore many fascinating facts about journalism.
This Media and Journalism course will be of best interest to media professionals who are interested in a career in journalism and other journalism-related fields.
Highlights of the Media and Journalism Course:
- Gain the in-demand skills needed to become a professional journalist.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of a professional journalist and how to write engaging news stories in a few simple steps.
- Introduction to Journalism
- Get a detailed overview of TV Journalism and understand the law, ethics and responsibility concerning journalism.
- Learn essential practices and procedures in journalism and reportage.
- Receive insider information of media and the crucial role that media plays to make and present news.
- Determine how modern social media works, the impact it has on journalism and its significant evolution.
- Learn the rules of journalism and how journalists can use online tools and practices, as well as what to expect in your first job.
- Understand the imperfections of the existing female in the journalism sector and the roads towards journalism.
- Grasp the art of corresponding with an editor and different styles.
Why Choose this Media and Journalism Course:
- This best ever Media and Journalism Course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Media and Journalism Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Media and Journalism Course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Media and Journalism Course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Media and Journalism course is designed with the following modules:
- What is the news?
- What is a journalist?
- The shape of the news story
- Writing the intro in simple steps
- Writing the intro, the golden rules
- Writing the news story in simple steps
- Writing the news story – clear writing
- News Gathering
- Enterprising Stories
- Watch your interviewee’s body language.
- Working with Sources
- Covering Events
- Computer-Assisted Reporting
- Glossary of Broadcast News Teams
- Law, Ethics And Responsibility
- Operating Standards for News and Public Affairs
- What is the Media?
- What Makes News?
- Plan your Approach
- Adhere to Deadlines
- The Interview
Social Media and Journalism
- Definition of Social Media
- Communication flow within journalism
- The impact of social media on journalism
Becoming a Journalist
- What Is A Journalist?
- What Type Of Degree Do I Need?
- How To Get Started Writing Before Graduation
- The Rules Of Journalism
- Building A Portfolio
- What Is Style?
- What Does A Copy Editor Do?
- Additional Degrees To Consider
- Online Journalism – The Way Of The Future
- What To Expect On Your First Job
Women in Journalism
- The Secret Significance of Journalism
- Imperfections of the Existing Woman-Journalist
- The Roads towards Journalism
- The Aspirant
- The Outside Contributor
- The Search for Copy
- The Art of Corresponding with an Editor
- Notes on the Leading Types of Papers
- Woman’s Sphere in Journalism
How is the Media and Journalism course assessed?
To successfully complete the Media and Journalism course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of this Media and Journalism course, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Media and Journalism course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Media and Journalism Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This best ever Media and Journalism course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Media and Journalism Course is for you.
The skills gained on the Media and Journalism Course, combined with personal determination, will help you to succeed in the competitive creative industries.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many hours of study are recommended to pass this course?
Hi Sandy, Thanks for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 32 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing it and you can complete the course within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.