The MCSA SQL Server accreditation from Microsoft enables you to demonstrate and validate essential skills in developing and maintaining the next wave of mission critical environments.
Gaining the MCSA SQL Server certification is a prerequisite for anybody wishing to specialise as a database developer or data analyst.
The MCSA SQL Server course consists of 3 exam courses:
- 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server
- 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
The MCSA is internationally recognised as the primary certification for Database Administrators and Developers.
Need Practical Experience?
As an upgrade option, you can add on Live Labs which allow you to practice on real live SQL servers wherever you are studying.
You have unlimited access to the Labs for 1 year and can practice freely or follow set exercises that mirror the exam courses.
Live Labs are highly effective and offer a much cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
The MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) SQL Server consists of the following 3 exam courses:
70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server
- Module 1: Getting Started with SQL Server 2012
- Module 2: Working with T-SQL
- Module 3: Writing SELECT Queries
- Module 4: Working with SQL Data Types
- Module 5: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Module 6: Querying Data from Multiple Tables
- Module 7: Modifying Data
- Module 8: Working with SQL Server Built-in Functions
- Module 9: Programming in T-SQL
- Module 10: Implementing Stored Procedures
- Module 11: Working with Subqueries and Table Expressions
- Module 12: Working with Set Operators, Conditional Operators, and Window Functions
- Module 13: Working with PIVOT, UNPIVOT, and Grouping Sets
- Module 14: Managing Error Handling and Transactions
- Module 15: Querying SQL Server System
- Module 16: Optimizing Query Performance
70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Module 1: Identifying the SQL Server Platform
- Module 2: Deploying SQL Server
- Module 3: Configuring SQL Server
- Module 4: Managing Databases in SQL Server 2012
- Module 5: Managing SQL Server Security
- Module 6: Implementing Advanced Security Settings
- Module 7: Applying Encryption and Compression
- Module 8: Working with Indexes and Log Files
- Module 9: Working with Backup and Restore
- Module 10: Implementing High Availability
- Module 11: Optimizing Server Performance
- Module 12: Troubleshooting Issues and Recovering Databases
- Module 13: Performing Advanced Database Management Tasks
70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Module 2: Creating Dimensions and Changing Granularity of Dimensions
- Module 3: Creating Fact Tables and ColumnStore Indexes
- Module 4: Implementing Data Warehouse in SQL Server 2012
- Module 5: Working with Integration Services
- Module 6: Managing Control Flow
- Module 7: Working with Dynamic Variables
- Module 8: Implementing Data Flow
- Module 9: Managing Data Flow
- Module 10: Managing SSIS Package Execution
- Module 11: Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Module 12: Deploying Packages
- Module 13: Securing Packages and Databases
- Module 14: Working with MDS and Windows
Who is this course for?
This course package is ideal for IT technicians who are looking to move into or are already working in a SQL Server career.
Although there are no academic prerequisites for the MCSA SQL study package, it is an intermediate level study package so some previous knowledge is required. Please contact our Course Advisors if you are unsure as to whether the study package is suited to your current level of skills.
- Junior Database Administrator
- Junior Database Developer
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
- Database Analyst
- Database Support
- Database Support Analyst
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.