Oxford Open Learning
Add to basket or enquire
The Maths IGCSE course gently guides the student through basic mathematical skills, progressing on to more advanced material as the student’s skills and abilities develop. Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study. Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self-assessment questions.
IGCSE Maths provides an excellent foundation for:
- Students who want to continue their Maths studies at AS and A Level and beyond
- Students who need mathematics to complement other subjects
- Students who need a final qualification in mathematics
The course enables students to:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques
- Acquire a foundation of mathematical skills for further study in the subject or related areas
- Enjoy using and applying mathematical techniques and concepts, and become confident to use Mathematics to solve problems
- Appreciate the importance of mathematics in society, employment and study
Level 1/Level 2 GCSE in Mathematics
Oxford Open Learning’s Maths IGCSE course is designed to prepare students for the Edexcel IGCSE in Mathematics for examination in June 2020 or later years.
Assessment comprises two papers marked by Edexcel. Each paper is assessed by a two-hour written examination and each paper is worth 50%.
Free Access To Online Resources
Oxford Open Learning has teamed up with the award winning Twig video site to provide access to online maths resources, specifically filmed to support GCSE level studies. Each maths IGCSE student will get a free login to be able to view the entire Twig world range incorporating thousands of short educational videos. Through out your course you will be referred to specific videos to support your learning and offer greater context to your studies. An annual subscription to Twig world videos would normally cost £99.
Who is this course for?
Anyone requiring Maths GCSE to further their career
An essential qualification for most careers but mandatory for Teaching, Nursing and policing
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.