Mastering Big Data - Accredited by CPD
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
Data Analytics – What’s the big idea?
“Big data” is a term for data sets that are so large or complex that traditional data processing application software are unable to adequately deal with them. Challenges include capture, storage, analysis, data curation, search, sharing, transfer, visualization, querying, updating, and information privacy. The term big data often refers simply to the use of predictive analytics, user behaviour analytics, or certain other advanced data analytics methods that extract value from data, and rarely to a particular size of data set.
Multinational corporations such as LinkedIn or Pinterest are having to use complex data analytics to manage the sheer volume of big data that they possess. This has become a lucrative business for technical specialists who can effectively manage this data on their behalf, working either on a contract or permanent basis.
Global Edulink’s training programmes and strategies can have a tremendous impact on the overall ability of a professional to compete effectively in the global marketplace. By studying this course, you’re guided through this exciting subject by qualified experts. Learn such principles as the development of a mindset for mastering huge volumes of data. Get to grips with algorithms and their complexity. Gain an understanding of effective data preparation and the data management cycle. Examine how to train computers to think like humans, and consider social networks and their degrees of separation. Comprehend how to deal with privacy and security, and look to future developments within this field.
1. GET THE BIG IDEAS BEHIND BIG DATA AND ANALYTICS
- Get the big ideas behind Big Data and Analytics
- Have you got Data? What Are You Wondering About?
2. AN APPROACH FOR MASTERING THE DATA DELUGE
3. STUDYING PATTERNS AND CAUSES
4. HOW TO MANAGE COMPLEXITY OF ALGORITHMS? & DATA MANAGEMENT CYCLE
- How to manage Complexity of Algorithms?
- The Data Management Cycle
5. HOW TO GET GRAPHIC AND SEEING THE DATA?
6. HOW TO PREPARE DATA FOR SUCCESS?
7. NEW STATISTICS TRANSFORMING SPORTS
8. IDENTIFYING POLITICAL POLLS - HOW WEIGHTED AVERAGING WINS?
9. WHEN LIFE IS (ALMOST) LINEAR - REGRESSION
10. HOW TO TRAIN COMPUTERS TO THINK LIKE HUMANS?
11. IDENTIFYING ANOMALIES AND BREAKING TRENDS
12. SIMULATION BEYOND DATA AND EQUATIONS
13. OVERFITTING - TOO GOOD TO BE TRULY USEFUL
14. THE MATH OF MARCH MADNESS - BRACKETOLOGY
15. UNDERSTANDING QUANTIFYING QUALITY ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB
16. TEXT AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS - WATCHING WORDS AND DATA COMPRESSION AND RECOMMENDATION SYSTEMS
- Text and Sentiment Analysis – Watching Words
- Explore Data Compression and Recommendation Systems
17. LEARNING ABOUT DECISION TREES - JUMP START AN ANALYSIS
18. MANY WAYS TO CREATE GROUPS - CLUSTERING AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Many Ways to Create Groups – Clustering
- Identifying degrees of Separation and Social Networks
19. UNDERSTANDING CHALLENGES OF PRIVACY AND SECURITY
20. HOW TO SET THE ANALYTICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR THE FUTURE?
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Big Data.
Who is this course for?
- Analysts, IT, and other technical professionals.
- No entry requirements though it may be useful to have a general technical background.
- Senior Business Analyst, Data Governance
- Experimentation and Web Analytics Analyst
- Strategic Analytics Manager
- Business Science Data Planner
- Digital Analyst
- Business Intelligence Engineer
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.