The University of Law
Add to basket or enquire
The LLM Compliance and Regulation Online will provide you with the opportunity to explore issues surrounding compliance and regulation with a focus in one or more of the following areas: insurance law; energy law; environmental law; data protection and intellectual property.
When you study an LLM online with us you will:
- Broaden your career horizons with a valuable Master’s qualification in the specialist fields of your choosing
- Learn professional skills to make you stand out to potential employers
- Gain an up-to-date knowledge of law and practice in your chosen area and the impact of those developments on commercial and legal practice
- Receive one-to-one tutor supportand feedback on your work from a fully-qualified lawyer
- Develop a portfolio demonstrating the law in practice
In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to law students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
To help prepare you for your dissertation in Term 3, Terms 1 and 2 include a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions.
Who is this course for?
LLMs from our Masters’ in Law suite of programmes are designed for law and non-law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of law.
- Students should possess a UK undergraduate degree at 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualifications.
- A compulsory two week induction is required for all students, unless they can evidence the successful completion of either: an LLB or equivalent; or a minimum of 3 legal modules, worth at least 80 QCF credits that must include: English Legal System, Contract Law and Law of Tort.
- Overseas graduates, in addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.