Marine biology is the field of knowledge that encompasses marine organisms and conducts various research on how ocean acidification is affecting marine organisms. A marine biologist works through observing, protecting, and managing marine organisms, and their fields of work may be in a marine wildlife preserve or in a laboratory when they construct theoretical models. The study of marine biology enables the discovery of new compounds to make medications, and helps the seafood industry provide consumers with food choices.
Collecting and analysing biological data about relationships between marine organisms and their environment, conducting research on the environmental effects of present and potential uses of land and water areas, and determining methods of improving environmental conditions are also few of the roles of a marine biologist, aside from exploring and enjoying the many wonders of the ocean floor.
At the end of this course, students shall learn how to:
(1) understand marine biology;
(2) be familiar with the biological processes of marine life;
(3) understand the marine life in the ocean;
(4) be familiar with the marine life in the Arctic and Antarctic;
(5) be aware of the tropical conditions;
(6) gain knowledge about the marine life in the deep ocean;
(7) understand the life in inter tidal zone; and (8) be familiar with food sources.
To achieve these goals, this course shall make use of interactive materials to present the concepts of the topics to be discussed. Assessments shall be done after the entire course to check for knowledge retention and understanding.
- Unit 1 – An Understanding to Marine Biology
- Unit 2 – The Biological Processes of Marine Life
- Unit 3 – Understanding Marine Life in the Ocean
- Unit 4 – Marine life in the Arctic and Antarctic
- Unit 5 – Tropical Conditions
- Unit 6 – Marine Life in The Deep Ocean
- Unit 7 – Life in Intertidal Zone
- Unit 8 – Food Sources
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while travelling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 45 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple session or go through it one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at any-time.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.