Air Data Systems
Our industry-leading course is instructed by an accredited aerial imaging and spatial analyst who has over 25 years of knowledge and experience.
The 2-day training event covers all of the fundamental processes and principles of carrying out professional aerial surveying and mapping operations:
What's included?Day 1 - Classroom
Types of drones for aerial imaging, mapping and their sensor components
Understanding the different types of aerial imaging
Understanding aerial imaging scales, resolutions and ground sampling distances (GSD)
How to calculate imaging scales and GSD's
What affects scales and GSD's on Nadir imagery
The Gist of photogrammetry, drone positional accuracy and their errors
Planning considerations for data acquisitions
Flight planning workflows
Drone & system limitations
Recognising and understanding the operating environment for mapping
Recommended sensor collection settings
Nadir planning considerations for large and small environments
Oblique mapping and 3d modeling
Day 2 Classroom & Outdoor
- Common autonomous drone mapping planning apps - their individual uses
- Drone mapping planning exercises
- Drone mapping practical exercises
- Common aerial imaging collection errors and how to plan to reduce/eliminate them
- The creation of a basic and non-controlled imagery map
- A look at drone aerial imaging processing software
- processing and presenting spatial measurement and recording using GIS applications
Our guest trainer Andy Carman is a UK CAA accredited sUAS pilot, multi-sensor imagery and spatial analyst and leading leading sUAS training instructor.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for existing drone operators who have their PfCO and want to progress their careers as commercial drone operators.
The following are requirements for people who would like to attend this course.
- Current PfCO holders (permission for commercial operations)
- Do you have a minimum of £2M Public Liability Insurance for their Drone Operations
- Do you Have an appropriate drone that is compatible with the use of autonomous mapping planning apps.
Air Data Systems offer much more than just training and development we are actively looking for the right people to join our team of commercial drone operators throughout the UK & Ireland
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.