Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The manual handling training course is designed to provide learners with the practical skills, techniques and knowledge to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and in perfect form. It covers key topics such as best practice guidelines, UK safety legislation and mechanical aids.
Poor manual handling is the cause of over a third of all injuries in the workplace. This practical training course will show you how to work in compliance with The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 to ensure a safe working environment that follows best practice at all times.
You will learn which work tasks constitute manual handling and the kinds of professions that require heavy lifting or the transportation of heavy goods. You will also be introduced to advanced handling techniques, providing you with the skills to ensure safe handling habits and make use of mechanical aids to support the process.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes manual handling and which types of tasks require manual handling
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of manual handling regulations in the UK
- Use manual handling equipment correctly, in compliance with The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Apply professional safe handling techniques and adhere to safe handling best practice
- Maintain excellent safe handling habits to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them
Key Features of Manual Handling Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module One: What is Manual Handling?
In module one, we will take a look at what constitutes manual handling and which types of tasks require manual handling.
Module Two: Manual Handling Regulations
In module two, we will explore manual handling regulations in the UK, in particular, The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Module Three: Safe Handling
In module three, we will learn some fundamental safe handling techniques and best practice procedures to ensure a safe working environment that complies with UK safety regulations.
Module Four: Learning Safe Handling Habits
In module four, we will learn some fundamental safe handling habits to meet the requirements of Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
Module Five: Practical Manual Handling Solutions
In module five, we will explore some practical manual handling solutions for a safe and compliant workplace.
Module Six: Use of Mechanical Aids
In module six, we will explore the different types of mechanical aids used for safe manual handling and how to us
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who work in high-risk working environments and other settings that require the lifting or transportation of heavy goods, such as:
- Construction workers
- Warehouse Operatives
- Delivery Drivers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.