Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Ad Vitam Learning's online mandatory training package for nurses working in NHS Trusts, private hospitals, and agency nurses. This mandatory training course package for nurses and nursing staff was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These e-learning courses for registered nurses are also in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements for nurses; revalidation and NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Course aims and objectives
Ad Vitam Learning's online training package for registered nurses helps nursing staff to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and professional code of conduct. Ad Vitam is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on the mandatorytraining programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for nurses and nursing locums
- Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- NHS frameworks' guidance for locum and agency nurses
Ad Vitam Learning's mandatory training for nurses to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for nursing staff help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve the patient experience.
What is covered in this online mandatory package?
Our nurses' mandatory training package covers the following modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record-Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity, and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control Levels 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
The content of this online mandatory training package for nurses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for nurses and agency staff. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your clinical environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Who is this mandatory training package for?
This eLearning mandatory training package should be completed by registered nurses, agency and bank nurses working in NHS Trusts and private hospitals, including:
- Registered General Nurses (RGNs)
- Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs)
- Registered Learning Disability Nurses
- Locum and Agency Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
You will be provided with all the individual modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum/agency nurse, please check with your locum nursing agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our e-learning for the healthcare course catalog.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for the busy nursing staff. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides nurses with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), as well as meeting NMC mandatory training requirements.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.