Mandatory Training Group
Add to basket or enquire
Mandatory Training For Nurses - 30 CSTF Aligned Online CPD Accredited Courses
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online mandatory training package for nurses working in NHS Trusts, private hospitals and agency nurses. This mandatory training course package for nurses and nursing staff was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These e-learning courses for registered nurses are also in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements for nurses; revalidation and NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
Alternatively, view our classroom mandatory training calendar. You will be able to select from available dates and book online.
The content of this online mandatory training package for nurses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 4 to 8 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for nurses and agency staff. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your clinical environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Course aims and objectives
The Mandatory Training Group's online training package for registered nurses helps nursing staff to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and professional code of conduct. The Mandatory Training Group is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for nurses and nursing locums
- Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- NHS frameworks' guidance for locum and agency nurses
The Mandatory Training Group develops appropriate mandatory training for nurses to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for nursing staff help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this online mandatory package?
Our nurses' mandatory training package covers the following modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control Levels 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Mandatory Training For Nurses - 30 CSTF Aligned Online CPD Accredited Courses
Who is this course for?
Who is this online mandatory training package for?
This e-Learning mandatory training package should be completed by registered nurses, agency and bank nurses working in NHS Trusts and private hospitals, including:
- Registered General Nurses (RGNs)
- Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs)
- Registered Learning Disability Nurses
- Locum and Agency Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
You will be provided with all the individual modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum/agency nurse, please check with your locum nursing agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for the busy nursing staff. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides nurses with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), as well as meeting NMC mandatory training requirements.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo ID
- Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our Skills for Health aligned mandatory training courses can be taken as part of induction to healthcare and social care sectors, as well as statutory and mandatory refresher training, annual mandatory training updates or continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for health and social care professionals.
The Mandatory Training Group’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I am required by the NMC to gain 35hrs CPD can you advise me on by paying for this course and completing it if it will then give me those required hrs
Good morning Thank you for your message This course provides 45 CPD points, so will meet you requirements If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.