Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online mandatory training package for healthcare assistants (HCAs) and other care staff working in the NHS and private sector settings. This mandatory training course package for clinical HCAs was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These elearning courses for clinical healthcare assistants are also in line with the Code of of Conduct for health and social care support workers.
Course aims and objectives
Ad Vitam Learning's online training package for health and social care support workers and HCAs helps clinical support staff to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and professional code of conduct. The Mandatory Training Group is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for healthcare workers in hospital settings
- Skills for Care aligned mandatory training recommendations for health and social care support workers
- Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) aligned mandatory training recommendations
- NHS frameworks' guidance for nursing and care agencies
The Mandatory Training Group develops appropriate mandatory training for healthcare assistants and care staff to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for HCAs and care workers help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this online mandatory package?
Our mandatory training package healthcare assistants and other health and social care support workers covers the following modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct for Health and Social Care Support Workers
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Care Planning and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control Levels 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
The content of this online mandatory training package for healthcare assistants and clinical support workers has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for health and social care support workers. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your clinical environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
This eLearning mandatory training package should be completed by health and social care support workers (HSCSWs) working in NHS Trusts and private hospitals and community healthcare settings including:
- Healthcare Assistants working in NHS hospitals
- Healthcare Assistants working in private hospitals
- Healthcare Assistants working in GP practices
- Clinical Support Workers working in community healthcare settings
- Support Workers and Care Staff working in complex care settings in the community
- Care Assistants working in acute/complex care environments
You will be provided with all the individual modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum or agency/bank HCA please check with your locum nursing/care agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for healthcare assistants working in acute clinical settings. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those HCAs who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.