Mandatory Training For Domiciliary Workers & Care Staff - 26 CSTF Aligned Online CPD Accredited Courses
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online mandatory training package for domiciliary care staff and carers. This mandatory care training course package for domiciliary care staff was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Care's learning outcomes, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These e-learning courses for health and social care support workers (including domiciliary care staff) meet the CQC audit requirements and current UK legislation.
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory domiciliary care training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
Alternatively, view our classroom mandatory training calendar. You will be able to select from available dates and book online.
The content of this online mandatory domiciliary care training package for residential and nursing home staff has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory care training package for home carers and domiciliary care workers. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your care environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory care training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Course aims and objectives
The Mandatory Training Group's online training package for nursing and residential care home staff helps care staff to meet the UK statutory requirements. The Mandatory Training Group is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for doctors and medical locums
- National guidance issued for locum care agencies and care recruitment agencies
The Mandatory Training Group develops appropriate mandatory training to meet the CQC quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety training courses for domiciliary care staff, home care workers and carers help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this Mandatory Care online training package?
Our online mandatory training package for carers, home care staff and domiciliary care workers covers the following training modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct (in accordance with CQC and Skills for Care requirements)
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Care Planning and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control Levels 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- SBAR for Care Workers
- First Response Awareness
- Medication Management (Safe Handling of Medicines)
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Mandatory Training For Domiciliary Workers & Care Staff - 26 CSTF Aligned Online CPD Accredited Courses
Who is this course for?
This e-Learning mandatory training package should be completed by all health and social care support workers working in CQC regulated environments, including:
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Care Assistants
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
You will be provided with all the individual training modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory care training modules that are most suited to your specific care environment. If you are an agency home care worker, please check with your locum/recruitment domiciliary care agency regarding the specific mandatory care training modules that you require to meet their compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our e-learning for health and social care catalogue
This online mandatory domiciliary care training package has been designed for new and experienced home care workers alike (including other care workers working in community settings across the UK). It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory care training before, this training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Care and CQC recommendations for health and social care providers (including domiciliary care agency staff).
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo ID
- Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our Skills for Health aligned mandatory training courses can be taken as part of induction to healthcare and social care sectors, as well as statutory and mandatory refresher training, annual mandatory training updates or continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for health and social care professionals.
The Mandatory Training Group’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is there a number I can ring to find out some more info? Thanks
Good afternoon Thank you for your message This messaging feature is the best form of contact for course queries Please let us know your query in full Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you please advise can this course be done in Northern Ireland regarding practical and exams, as I am very interested in supplying this for staff
Good evening Keria Many thanks for inquiring with us Please note that this package is done and assessed online, but you could still blend with classroom practical. It can also be done in Northern Ireland. You may order for your staff, please provide their individual full names should you purchase on their behalf. We look forward to hearing from you, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance Kind regards MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
In requirements it says wear comfortable clothing and bring photo id, were is the practicle training?
Hi Holly Unfortunately we no longer offer open training courses in the UK We do apologise for any inconvenience Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi. How long is this mandatory training valid for?
Good morning Thank you for your message The training is valid for one year upon successful completion of all modules Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I do this course independently of my employer? As I would like to become self employed.
Good morning Thank you for your message You are able to complete this course regardless of your employer If you have any further queries, please let us know Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Asma Bukhari asked:
I want to know about package, is one package is for only one individual or many staff can use it if an organisation buy it?
Good morning The package advertised is for one individual only. If you purchase multiple packages, we are able to train multiple members of staff If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
how does this work. I have an care company and need my carers trained up
Good morning Please book as many packages as you need through the Reed platform Our support team will then upload your staff to the eLEarning system and send across the login details to you If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
is this one day
Good afternoon This is an online course and does not involve classroom attendance All of our online programs are self-paced and completed at the learners convenience We hope this helps Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.