Add to basket or enquire
Mandatory Training for Dental Technicians - 28 CPD Certified Courses - CSTF Aligned E-Learning Courses
Welcome to Mandatory Compliance's online mandatory training package for dental nurses, dental technicians, dental locums and dental practice staff. This dental mandatory training course package was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These e-learning courses for dental nurses, technicians and dental practice staff are also in line with the General Dental Council (GDC) and Royal Medical Colleges requirements for doctors revalidation and Code of of Professional Conduct.
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
Alternatively, view our classroom mandatory training calendar. You will be able to select from available dates and book online.
The content of this online mandatory training package for dentists and dental professionals has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for dental nurses and dental practice staff. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your clinical environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Course aims and objectives
Mandatory Compliance's online training package for dental nurses, technicians and dental practice staff helps clinicians to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and professional code of conduct. Mandatory Compliance is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the the General Dental Council and the Royal Medical Colleges
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for dentists, dental nurses and dental practice staff
- Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- NHS frameworks' guidance for dentists and locum dental staff
Mandatory Compliance develops appropriate mandatory training for dental nurses and practice staff to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for dental professionals help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
You will be provided with all the individual modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum dentist, dental nurses or technician, please check with your locum agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for the busy dental professional. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this dental training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
What is covered in this online mandatory package?
Our dental mandatory training package covers the following modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
Why choose Mandatory Compliance's e-learning mandatory training?
There are many benefits of choosing Mandatory Compliance as your classroom and e-learning training provider, including:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- nationally recognised CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-learning courses
- more than 1000 CPD certified training courses available
- TIN CAN compliant e-learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organisational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimise travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimise hours and days spend away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
- Multiple purchase discounts for organisations.
Mandatory Training for Dental Technicians - 28 CPD Certified Courses - CSTF Aligned E-Learning Courses
Who is this course for?
This e-learning mandatory training package should be completed by nurses and dental practice staff in NHS Trusts and private practices, including:
- Dental nurses working for the NHS
- Dental nurses working in the private sector
- Locum/agency dental nurses
- Dental Technicians
- Non-clinical dental practice staff you can select the appropriate courses for your role)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo ID
- Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our Skills for Health aligned mandatory training courses can be taken as part of induction to healthcare and social care sectors, as well as statutory and mandatory refresher training, annual mandatory training updates or continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for health and social care professionals.
Mandatory Compliance’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course recognised as verified cpd?
Good afternoon Natalie All our CPD courses & programs are independently reviewed and mapped to Ofqual qualifications & relevant frameworks (e.g. HSE, Resuscitation Council (UK), ICM, CQC, Skills for Health ’CSTF’, Skills for Care and HCPA). The content of our training courses and qualifications have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development guidelines Thanks MHC Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am dental technician not qualified by experience. Will this course give me qualification??
Hello Loraine Many thanks for inquiring with us Please note that this Mandatory Training for Dental Technicians bundle is not for qualification but a mandatory refresher package certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. Should you require any further support, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards MC Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.