Add to basket or enquire
Our Online Mandatory Training for Carers package is accredited programme covering key modules in the provision of high quality care.
It is primarily geared for carers working with elderly people either in their own home or within residential/nursing home. Training and education of carers is vital. It is essential that high quality care is delivered, standards are maintained and that carers are motivated.
The Mandatory Training for Carers covers many essential skills and knowledge frameworks, that allows you to build more specific competencies in other specialist areas that match your current place of work.
It has been developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Modules Included in the Mandatory Training for Carers Programme:
- Health and Safety
- Food Safety/Hygiene
- Moving and Positioning
- Manual Handling
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Emergency First Aid
- Equality and Diversity, and Human Rights
- Fire Safety
- Care Planning and Record Keeping
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Bullying and Harassment
Additional Modules Inside Mandatory Training For Carers:
- Conflict Resolution
- Complaints Handling
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Learning Disability
- Dementia Awareness
All modules within our Mandatory Training for Carers package come complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £4.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives
Mandatory training usually requires annual updates, depending on your role and organisational requirements.
Who is this course for?
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency organisations, and educational organisations including:
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Agency Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Our courses utilise a responsive design making it available on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile Device. We recommend using the Google Chrome Browser.
Nurtured Training provides continuing professional development (CPD) interactive accredited training courses online for both individuals and businesses in a health and social care environment, allowing you to obtain certified CPD hours.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do I need any experience to do this course?
Hi Violet, No experience is required to do this course. It's actually perfect for those who don't yet have the experience as it can assist you in getting real world experience once you've successfully completed the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.