Managing Successful Projects (In-Company)
Price includes VAT
This course can the be taken as a CMI Award - additional price, £100 + ... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
This course will teach you project management methodologies that will help you to successfully manage projects. Effective project techniques help you reduce spend, beat deadlines and plan for problems before they occur.
All projects need a beginning, middle and end. This project management course will show you the essential components required in planning the project. It will give you the confidence and immediately useful tools to put them into practice back at work.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Understand the requirements of a project
- Create change
- Key dimensions
- Project phrases
- The project manager
- Assess risks
- Set objectives
Manage the baseline
- Plan in detail
- Break down the work structure
- Create project activity tables
- Critical activities
- Schedule tasks
- People and non-people resources
Cost, estimate and budget
- Money as a resource
- Time as a resource
- Budget effectively
- Control budgets
- Deal with contradicting needs between the customer, project manager and project team
Measure and control
- Keep accurate records
- Forecast effectively
Close the project
- How to terminate a project and hand over power
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- how to efficiently implement your project through organisation and preparation
- the skills to cost, estimate and budget with precision to guarantee the efficient use of resources
- how to manage change and conflict to prevent disruption to the project schedule
- practical techniques for measurement and control
Who is this course for?
This project management training course is essential for those who currently manage projects and are looking to manage costs and expectations. It’s suitable for individuals who’re involved in the management, planning or implementation of a project.
This course can also be taken as part of our CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership. You can also achieve a Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.