Managing Difficult People (In-Company)
Price includes VAT
This course can the be taken as a CMI Award - additional price, £100 + ... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
Dealing with difficult people is a challenge that can consume your time, energy and resources. To avoid this you need a management strategy that helps you deal effectively with the problem behaviour, and helps individuals become cooperative and productive members of the team.
This course utilises interactive learning methods to ensure a ‘real world’ understanding of the issues. Training tools include role plays, case studies and group feedback to help you find the best approach for you, to facilitate increased workplace harmony. Professional actors bring this course content to life to develop your skills in a practical, hands-on way in a safe environment.
As this course deals with sensitive issues, confidentiality and discretion will be at the forefront.
This course can also be taken as part of our CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership. You can also achieve a Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Management strategy to get the best from those who:
– say they will do things but don’t deliver
– disrupt the team’s performance
– are ambitious but easily frustrated
– are often aggressive when dealing with you or others
– are overly cynical and destroy team morale
– desire promotion but aren’t ready
– refuse to accept feedback and do not respond to standard performance management processes
- Understand what can trigger difficult behaviour
- Identify different types of personalities and plan strategies for dealing with individuals
- Be aware of communication barriers and learn how to handle emotion
- Achieve effective results through continual performance management
- Understand the legal issues surrounding performance management for difficult people
- Be aware of ulterior motives for conflict
- Know when to involve HR
- Uncover inspirational approaches to managing difficult people and situations
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- a better understanding of the root causes of difficult behaviour
- the confidence to stop one member of the team demoralising the others
- the skills to adapt your management style to suit different personalities
- role play sessions with actors to practice your skills in realistic scenarios
Who is this course for?
This Managing Difficult People course offers the training required to get the best out of your staff in the workplace. Aimed at managers who consider one or more members of their team to be ‘difficult’, and HR professionals who are looking to learn best practice in this area, our Managing Difficult People course will give you the tools to deal regularly with difficult people.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.