Add to basket or enquire
Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees
Welcome to the emerging landscape of contractors and temps (USA STANDARDS)
A contractor, or temporary employee (temp), is anyone you ask to do work for you who is not an employee.
There are many motivations for a business to hire temporarily as they choose to remain flexible in an uncertain economy. Managers hire contract workers to keep costs down as, unlike a full-time employee, contractors aren’t paid a regular salary or benefits. Also, in terms of flexibility or staff or skill shortage, for example, contractors are available when and where you need them. Or, perhaps extra resources are required to complete an urgent project.
With this course provided by Global Edulink, one of the UK’s leading training providers, you’ll discover that contractors and temporary employees offer managers a variety of unique solutions as well as presenting unique challenges. Learn how to incorporate these dedicated professionals into your strategic plan to maximise their effectiveness and that of your business.
This course teaches you how to manage your contractors, temporary employees, and contingent workers, such as vetting them carefully, providing them with an orientation of your company, and providing them with an adequate payment plan. The course also gives guidelines on providing clear goals and instructions on what you require them to do and how to do it, and setting clear expectations that are followed up with clear communication and feedback at quality checkpoints. You’ll examine the legal pitfalls concerned and, finally, look at how best to work with temporary agencies.
Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll become familiar with the emerging landscape of hiring contractors which many businesses are now adopting, and understand how to effectively get the best out of contractors and temporary employees.
* Free E-certificate (No additional cost for E-certificates)
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
Course Curriculum : Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees
[Module 01] MANAGING CONTRACTORS AND TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES
- How to Manage Contractors and Temporary Employees
[Module 02] HIRING TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES
- Process of Hiring Temporary Employees
[Module 03] MANAGING CONTINGENT WORKERS
- Handling Contingent Workers
[Module 04] LEGAL PITFALLS
- Definition of Legal Pitfalls
[Module 05] WORKING WITH TEMPORARY AGENCIES
- How to Work with Temporary Agencies
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
- Aimed at businesses that use contractors.
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to effectively undertake these.
- Senior Manager
- Technology Delivery Lead Manager
- Project Manager
- Transition Lead Project Manager
- Strategic Manager
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.