The purpose of the Managing Benefits™ guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, working in a variety of organizations, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques. “Managing Benefits” has been carefully designed to complement existing Best Practice in portfolio, programme and project management such as PRINCE2®, MSP® & MoP®. Access is for 12 months.
This course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Benefits approach, providing the skills needed to confidently manage benefits realisation in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running.
The Managing Benefits manual is not included in the price & must be purchased separately.
Managing Benefits is a globally recognized and highly sort after qualification desirable to employers globally.
• Enhanced professional competence through benefits management practices and techniques.
• Ability to implement methods, including knowledge of management accountancy and behavioural finance.
• Understanding of the principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built and applied.
• Adept at forecasting realistic benefits to produce business cases which address business issues and objectives.
Managing Benefits Overview
• Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management.
• The Foundation Exam format and structure
• The nine themes of effective Benefits Management
• Barriers to effective benefits management practice,
Managing Benefits Principles
• The names and key elements of the seven Benefits Management Principles
Identifying and Quantifying Benefits
• The objectives and scope of the identify practice.
• Benefits and their relation to strategic drivers and investment objectives
• Benefits Mapping and Customer insight
• Quantifying and forecasting benefits
Valuing and Appraising Benefits
• The objectives and scope of the Value and Appraise Practice
• Cost Benefit analysis
• Real options analysis
• Cost effectiveness analysis
• Multi-criteria analysis
Planning Benefits Realisation
• The objectives and scope of the Plan Practice
• Validating and Prioritising.
• Pre- transition activities
• Risk management and Stakeholder Engagement
• Benefits Documentation, and Roles and Responsibilities
• The objectives and scope of the Realise Practice
• Transition management and achieving behavioural change
• Tracking and Reporting Benefits Realisation
Review Benefits Realisation
• The objectives and scope of the Review Practice
• Start Gates and Pre-mortems
• In flight reviews
• Post implementation and Post Investment reviews
Portfolio Based Application of Benefits Management
• The objectives and scope of portfolio based benefits management
• The six main elements of Portfolio based application
• Benefits Documentation, and roles and responsibilities at portfolio level.
Implementing, sustaining and measuring Benefits
• The three broad approaches to implementing benefits management.
• When each approach to implementation is most relevant and the advantages of planned approaches to implementation,
• The first ten steps in implementing benefits management.
• The factors to consider in sustaining progress.
Who is this course for?
The target audience includes all those with a role in ensuring best use of funds by maximizing the benefits realized from change initiatives. This multi-disciplinary group includes:
• Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners )
• Change initiators (e.g. strategic planners and policy leads)
• Change appraisers and evaluators
• Change implementers (e.g. programme managers)
• Change support staff (e.g. project office staff)
Managing Benefits is the UK government best practice product for benefits management and is perfect for anyone who is already working in a project, programme or portfolio role looking to improve their knowledge or a promotion. After undertaking Managing Benefits our academy team can help to develop a career path most suitable to you and suggest the next steps to take for success.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.