Management Skills for the Senior PA
Price includes VAT
- Tutor is available to students
This very practical course covers fundamental people management skills and the contextual positioning of managers within an organisation. Participants will learn how to motivate staff and communicate with people at all levels, including techniques to delegate tasks and manage difficult responses.
It will give you the advanced PA skills to solve problems, deal with interpersonal conflict, and influence a range of organisational stakeholders towards your point of view. This Management Skills training course also helps PA’s to identify key areas for personal development to improve their own managerial effectiveness.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Principles of effective management
- Evaluating how senior administration staff enable the organisation to achieve its goals
- Assessing the knowledge, skills and personal attributes required for effective management
- Self evaluation against management best practice
- Selecting the most appropriate management style
- Communication skills
- Assessing the impact of interpersonal relationships and communication skills on performance
- Barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Giving structured feedback upwards or downwards
- Applying a step by step structure to effectively delegate a task
- Motivation and personal effectiveness
- Defining common motivators and comparing theory with practice
- Motivating individuals to achieve optimum performance
- Motivation and its impact on team dynamics
- Self motivation – how to harness and maintain it
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Tools for effective analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Identifying the potential sources of conflict within organisations
- Techniques for preventing and managing conflicts
- Case study example to apply the tools and techniques learned
This course is mapped to QCF unit ‘Management Skills for Senior Administration Staff’.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- problem solving skills to resolve or improve business issues
- confidence to overcome concerns and objections from colleagues
- techniques to deliver difficult feedback
- how to manage staff and delegate effectively
- techniques that will motivate your team in order to achieve agreed objectives
Who is this course for?
Management Skills for the Senior PA is an intensive course that has been designed for PAs and senior administrators who work closely with their organisation’s senior management team, and who either already have management responsibility for junior staff or plan to take on this level of responsibility in the future.
This course can be taken as part of the IQ IAM Level 4 Certificate in Office and Admin Management.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.