Management of Risk (M_o_R®) is a generic framework for the management of risk across all parts of an organisation – strategic, programme, project and operational. It incorporates all the activities required to identify, assess and control the exposure to any type of risk, positive or negative, which may have an impact on the achievement of your organisation’s business objectives.
The Management of Risk (M_o_R®) Foundation provides guidance on a controlled approach to identification, assessment and control risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives.
The accredited M_o_R Foundation e-learning course fully prepares you for the foundation examination. The main body of the course consists of ten sessions which cover the principles, approach, processes, embedding and reviewing and perspectives of the Management of Risk guidance. The course also looks at risk health checks, the Management of Risk maturity model and risk management specialisms. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
The Foundation certification is also an entry requirement for the Practitioner certification.
• The purpose of the M_o_R Guide
• What is risk management and why is it important?
• Corporate governance and internal control
• Where and when should risk management be applied?
• Risk specialisms
• AXELOS best practice guidance
• An overview and introduction to the structure of M_o_R
• An introduction to the principles, approach, processes, embedding and reviewing, and perspectives contained in the Management of Risk guidance
• A detailed review of the 8 principles which underpin the M_o_R guidance
• A look at the set of documentation which support the M_o_R approach, including the Risk Management policy, process guide, strategies and so on.
• The 4 main M_o_R processes of Identify, Assess, Plan and Implement, along with the process inputs, outputs, goals, tasks and techniques involved.
Embedding & Reviewing M_o_R
• This session looks at changing organisational culture, measuring the value and how to overcome the common barriers associated with the implementation of Risk Management, along with establishing opportunities for change
• The M_o_R guidance describes the context of Risk Management from 4 different organisational perspectives. These are Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational and this session looks at each in some detail.
M_o_R Health Check & Maturity Model
• M_o_R’s Health check tool, its purpose, process and framework
• An introduction to the Management of Risk maturity model, its use, composition and the benefits
• A look at some of the risk specialisms, including the management of Business continuity, Incident and crisis, Health and safety, Security and Financial risk
M_o_R Foundation Exam Technique
• How to approach the M_o_R examination
M_o_R Examination Simulator
• Featuring sample questions in the style of the M_o_R examination and timed to assist your preparation
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 12 hours.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the AXELOS.
• computer-based exam format, taken online via Online Proctoring. The Online Proctoring solution allows you to take exams online at your preferred time and location, using a webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection. Also valid ID is required to take the exam.
• consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions (including 5 trial questions). Pass mark score is 35 out of 70 available (50%),
• examination duration – one hour,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the M_o_R® Foundation is a lifetime certification.
Please note the exam is not included in this package.
The M_o_R Foundation (E-learning) package includes:
- the accredited e-learning course (12 months’ access),
- tutor support (via phone and email),
- mock exam simulator,
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
Please note the exam is not included in this package.
M_o_R® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. | All M_o_R® Foundation Online courses are offered by ILX Group an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) of AXELOS Limited.
Who is this course for?
The Foundation certification is aimed at current and aspiring programme and project managers, project team members, business change managers, risk managers, staff and managers from other disciplines who have an interest or responsibility for the Management of Risk within their organisation.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the M_o_R® Foundation course.
An improved skill set will enable you to qualify for positions with responsibility for the Management of Risk.
Professionals in the following job roles have responsibility for the Management of Risk: programme and project managers, project team members, business change managers, risk managers, staff and managers from other disciplines.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.