Price includes VAT
- Tutor is available to students
Middle managers are often required to communicate the vision from senior management to their people and gain their commitment and buy-in to achieve it. By attending this management excellence course, you will gains the skills that will ensure your teams are performing to the best of their ability, whilst empowering the people working for you.
Move beyond the day-to-day management of teams and become a leader who can motivate and inspire teams through managerial excellence.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Your leadership role
- Recognising your role in business success
- Identifying your leadership style
- Maximising performance levels from your managers through empowerment
- Balancing influencing upwards with the responsibility for performance
- Stepping away from micro-management
- Using cognitive, action, relationship and expert skills to succeed in your role
- Self-assurance – knowing your purpose and support systems
- Stakeholder management
- Developing communication skills to build credibility with senior management
- Building trust to build networks and coalitions
- Communicating, engaging and working with others
Delivering your organisation’s strategy
- Understanding the strategy and your role in it
- Distilling your organisation’s strategy by identifying critical success factors
- Getting the buy-in of your managers to achieving collective success
- Leading others through strategic change
- Clearly defining their role and clarifying expectations
- Defining and discussing information and policies from senior management
- Developing a Leadership Pipeline
- Achieving excellence through effective communication
- Dealing with under-performance
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- the ability to step away from day-to-day management and focus on strategic decision making
- the ability to create a trusting, empowering climate to elicit self-directed performance from your team
- the ability to build trusting and robust relationships across the organisation
- skills to empower others to manage themselves and their teams
- development strategies for your line manager
Who is this course for?
This management excellence training course is for middle managers who need to think strategically whilst still getting directly involved in the day-to-day activities within their organisation. By attending this workshop, you will gain the skills required to manage this balancing act without feeling overwhelmed.
This course can also be taken as part of our CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.