Birmingham City University, Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Add to basket or enquire
October 2021 start
- 1 Year (Full Time) / £8,800 per year
- 2 Years (Part Time) / £4,400 per year
Want to study a Master’s in business management in Birmingham? Our MSc Management and International Business degree is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Our Management and International Business course teaches you the fundamental skills and attributes you need to become a successful international manager. You’ll become adept at strategic and tactical business decisions, understanding international cultural differences, and managing and motivating staff in businesses on an international scale.
You will experience working in internationally diverse student team based projects collaborating to deliver effective and professional reports and presentations as part of module assessments reflecting the professional practice of international management. Throughout the course, the course team will give you the support you need to realise your potential and we look forward to working with you to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills for the career of your choice.
What's covered in the course?
Initially in the first stage, you will examine the key challenges faced by global businesses to fully appreciate the complexity and dynamics of leadership and management practice. This will see you broaden your skills in organisation, communication and working with others, particularly within an increasingly diverse cultural context.
During the second stage of your course, you will begin to explore the complexity of international operations management integrated with corporate social responsibility, sustainability and the role of innovation. You’ll be taught international strategy while also developing your research skills in preparation for your major project.
The final core Major Project module is tailored to your career aspirations. The module provides three project options;
- A work-based study route enabling you to relate the project to a current employer;
- A ‘consultancy project’ option where you find a client who has an international business problem that you feel you can solve;
- A traditional dissertation involving an in-depth exploration of both the theory and practice of international business using primary research.
Whatever route you choose, it will give you the opportunity to identify a topic and industry of your choice related to your specialist area of International Business tailoring your degree to enhance your employability for your final chosen career destination. Previous projects have involved International marketing strategy, global supply chain management in the food sector and sustainability issues in the sourcing of cotton.
As an online degree, each module on the course will consist of a series of ‘sessions’. All sessions will be made available from the start of the module - however the activities are kept to a timetable set and managed by the module leader. Each session will be comprised of four components:
- Align and Focus: An introductory section giving an overview of the content and activities, as well as explaining the session objectives and how they connect with the module's Learning Outcomes.
- Explore and Discover: Where the bulk of the content, including lectures and learning materials, is provided.
- Review and Reflect: Where mostly formative activities linked to summative assessments are provided, allowing students to engage in individual activity based on their understanding of the materials they have studied in the Explore and Discover section.
- Collaborate and Share: Where students engage in group activities, including both group projects and presentations, to display the knowledge they have acquired during the module.
Why Choose Us?
- Our flexible online delivery means that you can study with us full-time or part-time, and at a time that suits you, from anywhere in the world. See ‘course in depth’ to find out more. You will develop fundamental skills in business management while having the opportunity to gain enhanced and specialist expertise to help you enter the complex and challenging field of international business operations.
- On graduating you will receive an industry recognised professional qualification from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- You will work alongside a diverse range of international students giving a real experience of what it is like to work and collaborate with your peers from a range of diverse cultures from Europe, Nigeria, India, China, Vietnam and North America.
- You will be supported with Business English language diagnostics and tutor support to help improve you in the international language of business.
- You’ll be taught by highly qualified module tutors with significant professional practice experience of a range of management and international business roles.
We require one of the following:
An honours degree of a British University or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)
An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)
A pre-masters programme approved by Birmingham City University
A pre-masters programme with a minimum of 55% average
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.