International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Take your makeup artistry skills to the next level and be responsible for helping to make others look and feel beautiful no matter the occasion!
Did you know that a successful makeup artist can earn up to $100,000 per year and that the expected market growth is 13%, with 83,300 jobs expected to open before 2022?
And that the career opportunities are nearly endless? Whether you want to freelance at weddings, work in TV or cinema, in a beauty salon, become a writer or even a youtuber - the opportunities are enormous.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD and ICOES accredited course
- Compatible with any laptop or mobile device from any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including exams and free PDF certificate
It's a fantastic and rewarding career where you get to make others look and feel beautiful and get paid to do so. And the best part is that you can easily adapt it to the lifestyle that best suits you.
If becoming a makeup artist is the career you've been dreaming about, then this course is the perfect foundation for you.
Learn professional makeup artistry with this comprehensive course on makeup. You'll develop a firm understanding of:
- Face shapes
- Skin tones
- Facial Features (which are incredibly important for a makeup artist at any level)
- Contouring makeup
- Choosing eye makeup shades
- Picking colors
- How to accent, highlight, and enhance the face
- Different types of products, tools, makeup brushes, and how to utilize them
- Information on skin care routines and best practices will help you keep skin healthy and beautiful
- How to build your makeup kit (for beginners and for advanced makeup artists)
The best makeup tips for makeup application, removal, and more
Module 1: Skin Types
- Normal skin
- Combination skin
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Sensitive skin
- Determining skin type
- Makeup removal
- Skin care
- Skin care - Video tutorial
Module 2: Contouring
- Skin tones and undertones
- Color correctors
- Contouring, highlighting and strobing
- Contouring techniques - Video tutorial
- Different face shapes and enhancement techniques
- Round face
- Oblong face
- Square face
- Rectangular face
- Triangular face
- Tips and tricks
Module 3: Tools
- Introduction to tools
- Brushes: natural vs. synthetic
- Brush types
Module 4: Foundations and Corrections
- Correct blemishes - Video tutorial
- Foundations and Corrections - Video tutorial
- Types and textures
- How to choose a Foundation - Video tutorial
- Makeup allergy testing
- Correcting problem skin
- Choosing foundation to suit skin tone
- Color Wheel
- Complementary Colors
- Complementary and Opposite Colors Chart
Module 5: Color
- Identifying the correct color palette
- Personal Color Analysis
- Eye color
- Skin tones
- Hair tones
Module 6: Eye Makeup
- Applying Eye Makeup to suit Eye Shapes:
- Monolid eyes
- Hooded eyes
- Upturned eyes
- Downturned eyes
- Round eyes
- Almond eyes
- Sunken eyes
- Close-set eyes
- Wide-set eyes
- Trendimi Eye Makeup – Video tutorial
- How to apply eyeliner – Video tutorial
- How to use an eyelash curler – Video tutorial
Module 7: Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrows in general
- Corrections for eyebrows
- Eyebrow makeup - Video tutorial
- Perfectly defined eyebrows
Module 8: Lip Makeup
- Types of lip products
- Lip types
- How to determine lipstick shades
- Lip makeup – Video tutorial
Module 9: Makeup Styles
- Makeup for daytime
- Makeup for daytime – Video tutorial
- Makeup for afternoon
- Makeup for afternoon – Video tutorial
- Makeup for evening and parties
- Makeup for evening and parties – Video tutorial
- Smoky eyes
- Smoky eyes – Video tutorial
- Nude makeup
- Nude makeup – Video tutorial
- Bridal makeup
- Bridal makeup – Video tutorial
- Makeup for Men
- Makeup for Men – Video tutorial
Module 10: False eyelashes and eyelash extensions
- Types of false lashes
- Practical use of false lashes
- Attaching false eyelashes
- How to add false eyelashes – Video tutorial
- Removing false eyelashes
- Introduction to eyelash extensions
- Kit required for eyelash extensions
- Step-by-step attachment of extensions
- Customer tips
- Maintenance sessions
Module 11: Makeup for different ages
- Women in their 20s
- Women in their 20s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 30s
- Women in their 30s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 40s
- Women in their 40s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 50s
- Women in their 50s – Video tutorial
- Women over 60
- Women over 60 – Video tutorial
- Makeup mistakes that can age
Module 12: Health and safety
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Stocking up
- Good practices for prevention of infection and contagion
Module 13: Creating your make-up kit
- Personal kit
- The basic professional kit
- The complete professional kit
- Makeup kit – Video tutorial
- Typical makeup kit pricing
- IOA recommended products
- Preparation products
- Tools of the trade
- Makeup products
- Makeup brushes
Module 14: Getting Started
- The Importance of having a License
- Staying on Top of Beauty Trends
- Getting your Makeup Career off the ground
- Research before you begin
MAKEUP ARTISTRY COURSE CERTIFICATION
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for £19 to cover printing and posting fees.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). They will also earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE).
Who is this course for?
For individuals interested in learning more about the exciting and challenging careers available for makeup artists. From high fashion and Broadway to hometown weddings, there is always a demand for skilled makeup artists.
Perhaps you'd like to become a beauty blogger, Makeup Consultant or simply improve your skills for personal use? This course will help any person learn foundation skills and build on them to achieve great results!
Our Make-Up Artistry course is designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. This are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in the make-up industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Represent a cosmetics company in demonstrating product use.
- Apply make up to fashion models using suitable catwalk theme.
- Provide professional make up to assist photographers and stylists.
- Make up for wedding parties.
- Be a make up artist on film sets and for theatre productions.
- Provide a professional make up service to individual clients.
- Start a beauty blog, YouTube channel, or Instagram
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Sahi Kalaiarasan asked:
how long is this course available to me for if i pay now?
Once registered you will have 12 months to start the course. The course is activated by clicking on the “Start” button located in your Virtual Campus. Once your course is active, you will have 60 consecutive days to complete the course, by clicking the 'Start' button.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
please confirm whether this course is lifetime access once we registered or even completed the course.
There's no time limit for completing the Make-Up Artistry Course since you have lifetime access to the course content. You can complete on your own pace.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course really £12??
Thank you for your query. Yes, the offer includes he Make-Up Artistry course, lifetime access to the course content and a certificate of completion issued by the International Open Academy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.