This ’Factor Analysis’ online training course will help you understand Factor Analysis and its link to linear regression. See how Principal Components Analysis is a cookie cutter technique to solve factor extraction and how it relates to Machine Learning.
Factor analysis helps to cut through the clutter when you have a lot of correlated variables to explain a single effect. In this course, you will follow along with expert instructors to learn about topics such as Mean & Variance, Eigen Vectors, Covariance Matrices, and so much more!
- Understand & Analyze Principal Components
- Use Principal Components for dimensionality reduction and exploratory factor analysis
- Apply PCA to explain the returns of a technology stock like Apple®
- Build Regression Models with Principal Components in Excel, R, & Python
- No statistics background required. Everything is built up from basic math.
- The models are implemented in Excel, R, & Python. Install these environments to follow along with the demos.
- Data analysts who want to move from summarizing data to explaining and prediction
- Folks aspiring to be data scientists
- Any business professionals who want to apply Factor Analysis and Linear Regression to solve relevant problems
Length: 1 hr 45 min
Chapter 01: Introduction
- Lesson 01: You, This Course, & Us!
Chapter 02: Factor Analysis & PCA
- Lesson 01: Factor Analysis & the Link to Regression
- Lesson 02: Factor Analysis & PCA
Chapter 03: Basic Statistics Required for PCA
- Lesson 01: Mean & Variance
- Lesson 02: Covariance & Covariance Matrices
- Lesson 03: Covariance vs Correlation
Chapter 04: Diving into Principal Components Analysis
- Lesson 01: The Intuition Behind Principal Components
- Lesson 02: Finding Principal Components
- Lesson 03: Understanding the Results of PCA – Eigen Values
- Lesson 04: Using Eigen Vectors to find Principal Components
- Lesson 05: When not to use PCA
Chapter 05: PCA in Excel
- Lesson 01: Setting up the data
- Lesson 02: Computing Correlation & Covariance Matrices
- Lesson 03: PCA using Excel & VBA
- Lesson 04: PCA & Regression
Chapter 06: PCA in R
- Lesson 01: Setting up the data
- Lesson 02: PCA and Regression using Eigen Decomposition
- Lesson 03: PCA in R using packages
Chapter 07: PCA in Python
- Lesson 01: PCA & Regression in Python
Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access
Running Time: 1 hrs 45 min
Platform: Windows & MAC OS
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Project Files: Included
Learn anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and most Android devices.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.