With localised results being a key part of many Google searches, understanding how to gain a presence in maps and local listings is essential for any business trying to attract local customers.
On our local SEO course, you'll learn how to optimise your website to take advantage of local search. Our highly experienced trainers will help you understand the key general principles of SEO as well as the tactics, tools and opportunities that make local search different.
Our beginners level course provides an excellent introduction to SEO, covering all of the basic knowledge and fundamental techniques needed to run a local search campaign.
As well as the basics of SEO we'll look at other important considerations for local search including Google My Business, local Schema, Mobile search and local citations.
Our courses are available for individual delegates at our training centre in The Shard, London, or as private sessions if you have a whole team you need to bring up to speed on local SEO.
Learn to run a successful local SEO campaign with practical tactics that will enable you to increase your presence on Google and gain more traffic from search engines.
By the end of this intensive one-day course, you’ll have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of local SEO including how to identify the best opportunities, how to optimise your presence on Google maps, building authority via local links and citations, and the importance of reviews and reputation management.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Explain how search engines work including key Google algorithm changes
- Identify opportunities for local search and make the most of them
- Describe the benefits of onsite SEO and best practice for optimising page content for local search
- Explain the importance of local backlinks and citations and how to build them
- Use Google My Business to optimise your local map and search presence
Introduction to Local SEO
- What is Local SEO?
- Why is it important?
General SEO Considerations
- Evolution of SEO
- General SEO ranking factors
Keyword Research for local search
- How to conduct keyword research
Basics of on-page optimisation
- Page titles
- Image alt tags
Optimising content for local search
- Site structure
- Building out local content
Google My Business
- Creating an account
- Adding and verifying multiple locations
- Optimising your listing
- Acquiring Google reviews
Local Citations and Link Building
- What are citations and how to build them
- Link building considerations
- Link earning ideas
Local Business Schema
- Structured data types
- Implementing Schema
- Monitoring reviews and social mentions
Tracking and Monitoring Performance
- Tools for tracking and monitoring SEO performance
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed to suit both small local businesses owners and marketing professionals from larger, multi-locational brands, with a local presence.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.