Stanmore School of Business
Add to basket or enquire
This suite of Qualifications provides a realistic and broad opportunity for Learners
seeking career and professional development. They will support Learners in realising
their potential and by association the prospects of the organisations they work with or
The objectives of this suite of Qualifications is to:
- provide career path support to Learners who wish to develop their management, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector;
- improve understanding of the business environment, organisations and how they are managed and developed; and
- develop skills and abilities in Learners to support their professional development.
The suite of Qualifications provides a rich mix of disciplines and skills development
opportunities. Learners will gain insight into the functioning, objectives and processes
of organisations, appreciating their diversity and the influences and impact of
external forces on them. The fast changing and complex business environment and
different organisation’s ability to stay resilient and respond positively to change and
opportunities will be explored.
Management of a range of business operations and functions, the management of
specific challenges for organisations will introduce Learners to management theory,
practice and models that will provide valuable knowledge and know-how.
The issues and concepts dealt with as part of this suite of Qualifications are best
explored through exposure to organisations, for any full time Learners work
placements are encouraged so that genuine experience and insight can be gained.
Problem solving and creativity are attributes encouraged and developed in Learners
through all the Units.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills:
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
The overall structure of the course is based on 8 mandatory modules that cover a
number of topics relating to learning outcomes. Each unit has the equivalency of 15
credits. Learners will be invited to attend lectures and workshops that will introduce
the subject matter.
Learners must complete all units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the
Diploma can be issued. Formative assessments (weighted at 0%) may be used in
lectures or tutorials to check knowledge and understanding of specific topics and
- Corporate Strategy: 15 Credits
- Corporate Finance and Financial Strategy: 15 Credits
- Human Resource Practice, Leadership and Managing People: 15 Credits
- Global Trade and its Impact on Strategy: 15 Credits
- Research, Problem Solving and Business Reporting: 15 Credits
- Operations, Quality and Supply Chain Management: 15 Credits
- Strategic Marketing: 15 Credits
- Project Management: 15 Credits
Who is this course for?
The Qualifications have been created to develop and reward the business managers of
today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from
these programmes that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that these programmes will encourage both academic and professional
development so that you learners move forward to realise not just their own potential
but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at the post graduate Level 7. The programme has a total
equivalence of 120 credits. Completing the Diploma allows access to a dissertation at
one of our University partners for a related Master Degree.
The candidates will be expected to hold one of the following:
- Level 6 Qualification or;
- Bachelors Degree or;
- Five years work experience in Managerial position
Learners completing Level 7 Diploma in Executive Management will allow progress to:
- Masters degree (top-up degree)
- Directly into employment in an associated profession.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.