This suite of Qualifications provides a realistic and broad opportunity for Learners
seeking career and professional development. They will support Learners in realising
their potential and by association the prospects of the organisations they work with or
The objectives of this suite of Qualifications is to:
- provide career path support to Learners who wish to develop their management, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector;
- improve understanding of the business environment, organisations and how they are managed and developed; and
- develop skills and abilities in Learners to support their professional development.
The suite of Qualifications provides a rich mix of disciplines and skills development
opportunities. Learners will gain insight into the functioning, objectives and processes
of organisations, appreciating their diversity and the influences and impact of
external forces on them. The fast changing and complex business environment and
different organisation’s ability to stay resilient and respond positively to change and
opportunities will be explored.
Management of a range of business operations and functions, the management of
specific challenges for organisations will introduce Learners to management theory,
practice and models that will provide valuable knowledge and know-how.
The issues and concepts dealt with as part of this suite of Qualifications are best
explored through exposure to organisations, for any full time Learners work
placements are encouraged so that genuine experience and insight can be gained.
Problem solving and creativity are attributes encouraged and developed in Learners
through all the Units.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
The overall structure of the course is based on 6 units that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. All 6 modules are mandatory. Each unit has the
equivalency of 20 credits.
Learners will be invited to attend lectures and workshops that will introduce the
Learners must complete all units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the
Diploma can be issued.
Formative assessments (weighted at 0%) may be used in lectures or tutorials to check
knowledge and understanding of specific topics and subject areas.
Units require reflective exam sets and/or summative assessments for marking.
The Level 7 Diploma focuses upon developing understanding, skills and abilities to
equip the Learner with the awareness and aptitudes to be an effective accounting and
Learners must complete the 6 mandatory units.
- Strategy and Global Finance: 20 Credits
- Strategic Financial Management: 20 Credits
- Strategic Auditing: 20 Credits
- Ethical Behavior and Corporate Governance: 20 Credits
- Corporate Reporting: 20 Credits
- Financial Analyst: 20 Credits
Who is this course for?
The Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed to meet the needs of
senior/middle managers and accountants in the running of their businesses, and to
facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisation.
Managers need to be aware of issues, able to analyse their potential outcomes and
consequences, and decide how to react. They do not have to be expert in all areas of
business, but they need to possess a general awareness of what specialist facilities
and services exist, and how they can assist in carrying out that role. The programme
includes contemporary topics with cutting- edge content, reflecting key issues within
the 21st - century business environment as well as the latest developments in
The Diploma is accredited at the post graduate Level 7. The programme has a total
equivalence of 120 credits. Completing the Diploma allows access to a dissertation at
one of our University partners for a related Master Degree.
The candidates will be expected to hold one of the following:
- Level 6 Qualification or;
- Bachelors Degree or;
- Five years work experience in a managerial position
Learners completing Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance will allow progress to:
- Masters degree (top-up degree) or;
- Directly into employment in an associated profession.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.