Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is aimed at learners who have responsibilities relating to developing and implementing health and safety procedures. Learners could be a manager, supervisor or a staff member who want to enhance their health and safety skills for their practice or simply would like to see their practice from another perspective.
Assessment and delivery
As the course is blended learning based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. Moreover, there are several requirements which must be met via workplace observation. The guided learning hours for this qualification are 532 hours and most students are certified within 6-8 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement active monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
We are an approved centre with ProQual, meaning we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully accredited awarding body. Working alongside ProQual, we aim to help learners achieve the best results.
Why choose Enhanced?
Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Who is this course for?
Learners who are currently in practice regulating health and safety but want a better understanding or a new approach should complete this course. The practical aspect of the qualification means the course should be completed by anyone who is in a voluntary or paid role in the sectors such as:
- Oil and gas
- Corporate business
- This qualification is suitable for learners of 19 years of age and above.
- There are no specific entry requirements, however, learners must be in a voluntary or paid role within the sector.