Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is an internationally recognised qualification accredited to UK and European Qualifications Frameworks at Level 6 to equip you with a wide range of knowledge, understanding and skills to begin a successful career in international business, administration and management, or help you to progress your existing career. Qualification will provide you an opportunity to examine key models, tools and techniques to identify and manage key issues for the future of your organisation, such as business environmental scanning for market research and critical information and effective strategies to take competitive advantage and to suggest improvement in existing policies, processes, methods and techniques.
This course focuses on the strategic, operational and functional areas of management and administration within an organisation and how those disciplines integrate at the operational level, linking with the overall corporate strategy to achieve short, medium and long-term objectives.
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is accredited at Level 6 onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) & European Qualifications Framework (EQF) as an accredited qualification (Qualification Accreditation Number: 603/1037/6). It is recognised all over the world equivalent to UK any UK Bachelor Honour Degree.
By the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of management control systems.
- Evaluate management control systems for strategic planning and development in an organisation
- Evaluate the controls systems in an organisation.
- Identify and evaluate social, cultural, global, technological, law, ethical and environmental responsibilities and issues;
- Identify the importance of customer relationship management.
- Critically evaluate the salesperson performance and motivation in the local and global market.
- Use sales planning and forecasting tools, techniques and strategies to meet sales target.
- Build an effective marketing strategy.
- Develop the marketing plan for effective decision-making.
- Plan, segment and position the product in the target market.
- Understand the main features of EU law and the English legal system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal materials relating to contracts.
- Understand the key features and legal requirements for the sale of goods act.
- Understand the legal characteristics of a company and main features of credit transactions and intellectual property rights
- Identify features of good research design.
- Apply research techniques to design the research proposal.
- Collect, present and analysis of data to complete a research project and investigate the quality issues associated with data handling
The qualification also requires Learners to demonstrate a range of skills required for executive level management including problem-solving and report writing. Learners will also develop their research and analytical skills. The qualification will enable learners to become independent, self-directed, with the tools and motivation to continue learning, developing and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
Throughout this course, you will be able to develop skills such as Acting assertively, Analysing, Assessing, Communicating, Decision-making, Evaluating, Information management, Problem-solving, Researching, Setting and implementing objectives, goals and plans, Risk management, Time management, Negotiating, Consulting, Interviewing, Planning, Monitoring, Reviewing, Valuing and supporting others, Thinking systematically, and overall management and leadership.
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is designed and recognised according to the latest occupational standards. National Occupational Standard describes the knowledge, skills and understanding an individual needs to be competent at a job. After completing this course, learners will know how to
- Respond to change in a business environment - It includes identifying support mechanisms for yourself and others and considering strategies when dealing with change as part of your role. For example, you will know how to assist the change process within own area of work, contribute to plans for change, adapt realistically to change, identify support mechanisms for self and colleagues during the change process, support others during change, and evaluate the effect of change on people, processes and outcomes
- Prepare, co-ordinate, implement and monitor strategic and operational plans in line with organisational policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Generate and evaluate ideas about how working methods, services or products could be improved.
- Generate, develop and test ideas for innovation when working in a business environment.
- Manage resources
- Maintain resources, propose, agree, design, implement and monitor administrative services to meet specified needs.
- Contribute to project planning and support the implementation and monitoring of projects to achieve planned outcome
- Analyse problems and develop a strategy
- Map the environment in which your organisation operates
- Read, analyse and apply global business law skills
- Identify laws, conditions and regulations in national and international business environments.
- Demonstrate compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Develop a strategic business plan for your organisation
- Provide leadership for your organisation
- Plan the workforce
- Manage finance for the organisation and promote the use of technology within your organisation
- Identify customer requirements, matching these with your organisation’s objectives and the features and benefits of your product/services, and presenting a planned sales pitch.
- Generate sales leads, identify customers’ buying needs, and promote the features and benefits of relevant products/services, address queries/ objections and close sales with mutually beneficial terms and conditions.
- Conduct a valid research to identify the improvement of organisational policies, systems, processes, products, services and performance.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of the overall performance of the organisation
- Plan, lead and implement change in your organisation. This involves putting in place the necessary resources and supporting systems, including monitoring and communications, to turn the organisational vision into a practical reality
- Support the organisational decision making, for example for everything from day-to-day matters like recruitment and selection to long-term issues. Managers at all levels need to take decisions within their area of responsibility and authority. You will know how to structure for taking decisions that meet defined objectives and are consistent with a broader framework of values, policies and guidelines.
The overall structure of the course is based on the following five units,
Unit 01 - Management Control (20 credits)
The primary aim of this unit is to familiarise learner with the concepts and application in business organisations of management control systems.
Unit 02 - Management of Sale Force (20 credits)
The unit aims to explore the concept of customer relationship management, and sales force management for planning and decision-making in order to meet salesforce target at the local and international market.
Unit 03 - Strategic Marketing Management (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to introduce learners about the strategic reflections on the major issues of marketing management. Learners will be able to understand marketing literature, planning process, segmentation and target marketing.
Unit 04 - Business Law (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to introduce the importance of law in businesses and organisations including main features of English Legal systems, contract laws, sales of goods acts and credit transactions as well as intellectual property law. This unit will develop analytical skills in law and encourages their application to business contexts.
Unit 05 - Research Project including Research Methods (40 credits)
This course aims to introduce learners to key concepts relating to good research design, research techniques, and the collection, presentation and analysis of data to complete the research project. You will also investigate the quality issues associated with data handling.
Qualification Total Credits
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration has total 120 credits.
How will you study
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Flexible Study & Lifetime Membership
Cambridge Management and Leadership School students are lifetime member of the institution. As a lifetime member, you will access to the course, learning materials, and assignment in flexible learning environment suitable to your work timings anytime and anywhere around the world via your laptop, Desktop Computer or mobile device.
Assessment methods include assignments. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of each unit of minimum 1500-2500 words in length to pass the unit and to achieve unit credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete five units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Success rate of this course is 100%
Note - Assessment Fees
- Learners will pay £800 of five units (120 credits) either full or in 5 monthly instalments of £160/month, No resit/re-submission cost.
- Learners will start the course on 11th December 2018.
Who is this course for?
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is highly desirable and well recognised by employer from all over the world. You will be able to have wide ranges of careers with employers in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
This course provides personal and professional development to managers and leaders; help individuals to re-enter employment after a period of absence and to help those who are seeking a career change and would like to achieve a well-known qualification equivalent to the UK Bachelor Honour degree.
Cambridge Management and Leadership School operates an open entry system to recruit learners towards its qualification. We prefer students to have previous level qualification in any subject or considerable work experience.
Learners completing the Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration will allow progress to:
- MBA with us with our partner Universities Or
- BA (Hons) Top Up
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration or Executive Management.
- An awarding body's partner university to complete a full master’s degree, or
- Job progression or directly into employment at the senior management level.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What will the diploma or certificate display? Like Bachelors in Business Studies? BA (Hons) etc?
Qualification is equivalent level to UK BA (Hons) degree. You will achieve L6 Diploma in Business Admin.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Abdullah Al-Muhtadi asked:
i have a post diploma in islamic science theology and anthropology is that enough to do this course? and does it really take 6 months ??
You can apply to study Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration, it includes only five units and total credits are 120 and on an average learners complete in six month.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, is 450 Pounds per assignment or for all 5 assignments? So total cost of this Diploma is 195+450=645 pounds? Thanks
Hi, £645 is total cost for students to join 19h November 2018.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How can someone use this level 6 diploma to progress onto gaining an MBA degree? Please give details.
Dear Peter, thank you for your message. Yes, you can join MBA after this qualification. You will have two options to complete MBA after Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration. Option 1 is to enrol to our Level 7 Diploma in Executive Management and then complete MBA at the dissertation stage, it will be cost effective route to achieve MBA degree or Option 2, join the University to complete the full MBA.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Lee Kojo asked:
You said this qualification is Level 6 equivalent to a UK Honours degree but you make mention of a top up to a BA Degree. Why is that?
Final year BA (Hons) is at Level 6 in the UK at the Framework of Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) - this framework is used by Universities only while Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is accredited to UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) at Level 6. Level 6 at FHEQ is equivalent to Level 6 at RQF.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is your school a listed body,& diploma is awarded by a recognised body?I cant find your school as officially recognised by government...
Hi Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is a vocational qualification, not linked with any University but awarded by Qualifi ltd and it is recognised by UK Regulator Ofqual & also accredited to European Qualifications Framework at Level 6 (graduate) so it is an internationally recognised qualification.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
TOMMY BIN SEMBEH asked:
Hello, I have been working in managerial level almost 9 years and having L4 accredited advance diploma in SEO from UK, do I entitle to this course?
We would like to read more about your profile to reach decisions. However, 9 years managerial work experience in addition to Level 4 diploma is sufficient to get admissions onto this course. Most of our courses don't have any entry requirements as per Institution policy. Therefore, we recommend you to always read 'Requirement' section.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I need to purchase the course before being admitted? I would like to pay in 6 equal installments? How do I proceed?
If you would like to pay course tuition fee & assessment fee in instalments, then you should apply to us directly. Otherwise, you can purchase this course from Reed, Reed will send your details to us then you can pay your assessment fee in six equal monthly instalments.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Nicole Ross asked:
How many years of employment is required? Please advise the payment options
Hi, three years of employment or volunteer work is sufficient. You can pay in five equal monthly instalments as this course will last for six months.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello if a student has to resit, is it free? What happen if i cannot complete within 6 months? How, is degree sent - by post? Is cost £645 or £800?
There is no resit cost. This course requires students to meet assessment standards which include five assignments to submit in six months. We dispatch certificates to home address as they are important to students to keep original. The fee in Reed does not include the assessment fee. Assessment fee is currently £800 (payable full with further 20% discounts) or £160/month.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
tony mason asked:
how soon is the assesment fee payable
Hi the assessment fee is due at the beginning of the course or can be paid in instalments during the study.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
when is the next semester?
Dear Manongo, next intake is 25th November 2018.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am in the final year of a level 5 foundation degree which I will complete in 2019. Can I start this course now, or do I have to wait?
Dear Angie, You can apply to start now.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I have 3 A level subjects. I am completing Level 4 diploma (ABC Awards) this month. Am I eligible for the level 6 diploma. I am 19.
It is at Level 6, while your current qualification is at Level 4. You can apply to our Level 5 Diploma in Business Management which is more suitable, then after Level 5 you can apply to this Level 6 diploma.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi if I complete this course, can I top up at uni to gain a degree, I.e. access final year?
If you would like to take admission to final year Top up then 240 credits Level 5 Diploma in Business Administration is suitable to you. This qualification provides progression to MBA or MSC only.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much are the exam fees ? How can we get a MBA after ? Which kind of MBA does this level 6 lead to ?
Exams/Assignments fees are £450 (instead £800) only for students who are joining 19th November 2018. After completion of the course, you will progress to University MBA or MSC degree. MBA is general or may be specialised in the relevant subject.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I see there is a £450 assesment fee, is there only one fee on the course or is this per assesment?
Dear Elliott, thank you for your message. The assessment fee is £450 for a limited time only for 19th November 2018. There is no any other fee.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Stephen Ebanks asked:
Is this course assessed by exams or course work? And how much extra do I need to pay to get the full qualification? Definitely interested..
Assessment methods are assignments only. You will write five assignments to complete five units and achieve 120 credits. For 19th November 2018, we have an exclusive assessment fee £450 instead £800. There are no any other extra charges.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
It states starting date 10 October - is it too late to enrol and can I still work at my own pace or is there a time restraint?
Dear Karen, you can start the course anytime. It is a self-paced course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have more than 17 years work experience, is it possible to apply?
Yes, we consider work experience as an alternative to entry requirements, therefore, you can apply to study this qualification with us.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If this gives 120 credits but a BA (honors) requires 360, how do I get the other 240 credits? A level 4 & 5 diploma and then take a level 6 diploma?
Dear Alice, Thank you for your message. We will suggest you enrol to our Level 5 Diploma in Business Management (240 credits) and then Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration (120 credits), then you will be able to achieve 360 credits at Level 4, 5 and 6.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
May I apply even if I have not any previous qualifications on it ?
Hi if you have experience instead of the previous level qualification you can still apply.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Tiffany Coyne asked:
I have CDD at A-level and four years' in administration (two years full-time). Would this course be too hard/should I take a course before to prepare?
Yes you are eligible to study this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much does the BA (Hons) Top Up cost and how long does it take to complete?
To do BA (Hons) top-up, we will suggest you have completed our Level 5 Diploma in Business Management (240 credits) only in 1750.00 GBP, then we will make your application to the University for BA (Hons) top-up final year which has fee 3000GBP to 5000GBP. If you would like to do Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration and already have 120 credits at Level 5, then you can do BA (Hons) top Up with Derby University Online with 80 credits exemption only in 3000GBP.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
how your credit measures against the European credit transfer system (ECTS)? Thanks?
Thank you for your message. Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is 120 credit qualification and it is accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework at Level 6. In England, two credits are equivalent to one ECTS credit. 1 credit is equivalent to 10 hours and credit points per year are 120. I hope this will help.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
£1,020 is the total cost? or Is there any additional costs? I think you need to update the pricing. Its a little confusing.
Assessment is an additional cost written in the course description.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Where I can see the specimen of Diploma?
It is only a course description here at Reed, full handbook is available in our web - not hereThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have a Greek Highschool Diploma but more than 3 years of working experience in Greece. Am I eligible to enroll?
We are not sure until we see your qualification or a CV.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Nicole Ross asked:
How many years of work experience is required?
Three years experience is sufficient.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.